Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Key Differentiators or CA Automic WA

Posted May 18, 2018 12:03 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am very new to CA Automic WA and learning it with your help and guidance, thanks to all the community members for that.
    few good features which I learnt from here only as it supports Active-Active connection and has zero downgrade.

one platform for Orchestration, WLA and RA.

I wanted to know what are the key diffrentiators of the tool in terms of usage when it comes to comparing with other WLA tools in the market like CA Autosys or TWS or Tidal.

It will be a great help if you all can help on that.

Thanks

Shani

• 2.  Re: Key Differentiators or CA Automic WA

Posted May 22, 2018 03:39 AM

Hi Shani,

+1, I'm interrested in learning about the whole competing Automation product landscape as well (no reason ... )

I can't tell you anything about TWS or Tidal, since I've only ever used Automic (and cron ) but a good strategy might be to query the respective sales folks with a quick email. They usually have (of course not neccessarily entirely unbiased) white papers about their product and what (supposedly) makes it better than the competition.

As for CA's competing portfolio, it's simple. CA has said they will only go ahead with Automic and retire the other products (don't have any links, but they claimed this in multiple instances e.g. at AutomicWorld).

Hth,

Carsten

• 3.  Re: Key Differentiators or CA Automic WA

Posted May 23, 2018 09:51 AM

that is one way of getting the details, however I needed pointers from a user end perspective (Admins, Schedulers and Operations).