Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  AWI 12.x - Design, layout, font settings and so on

Posted May 18, 2018 07:29 AM

Dear community members,

I have started using the AWI in my AWA 12.1 Sandbox environment and although I like and support the move from JAVA UI to the AWI for many reasons I still haven't fully fallen in love with the AWI and in some areas I feel that the old JAVA UI is still superior to AWI.

As I see it, the problem has to do with the basic design of the AWI. I think the font sizes are generally way too big and there is too much useless 'space' around different 'sections'.

Take for instance the Administation perspective: Each cell containg 'User Management', 'Clients', 'Queues' and so on: the font size is too large and there is too much wasted space around each word.

Also, I don't like the Process Monitoring Status Bar in the Process Monitoring Perspective. Again, it take up too much space and the only way to minimize it (I would to be able to remove it completely) is to minimize the size of my window.

And not to mention that the AWI still lacks many vital features that the JAVA UI has.

Am I the only one who has this problem with the AWI ??

/Keld.

• 2.  Re: AWI 12.x - Design, layout, font settings and so on

Posted May 18, 2018 04:30 PM

Am I the only one who has this problem with the AWI ??

No, you are not.

We use V11.2 and still good old Java UI :-)

Until we go to V12.X I need a solution for this - either get familiar with AWI or win a lottery jackpot :-P

cheers, Wolfgang

• 3.  Re: AWI 12.x - Design, layout, font settings and so on

Posted May 18, 2018 05:28 PM

You are not alone.

In my opinion the JAVA GUI is still far far superior to the AWI. My two biggest issues are the Process Monitoring perspective and the fact that the AWI is still missing features that we use here on a daily basis. These issues top my list because of the monitoring that our support teams do in the application.

My personal top issue, development in the AWI is much more difficult than with the Java GUI. With the Java GUI everything is modular so you can have access to everything you need in one view. With the AWI it seems that everything is linear and offers virtually no customization at all.

This is why I think I am going to push for a V12.0 upgrade in our environment. The shock that our users are going to have when the AWI is pushed out might just push them into an early retirement.

• 4.  Re: AWI 12.x - Design, layout, font settings and so on

Posted May 19, 2018 04:20 AM

Michael_Pirson

I agree with you from the bottom of my heart !

cheers, Wolfgang