CA Service Management

• 1.  CI List

Posted May 18, 2018 12:54 AM

Dear Team,

We have an requirement in CA service desk:

We want to display the assets which are tagged to user in employee role.

Please help us to achieve this and tell me what are all the files are needed to achieve it.

• 2.  Re: CI List

Posted May 18, 2018 07:08 AM

Hi Arun,

Out of the box, Employee access type is not a licensed access type. If the employee needs to access any CI, then you may need to select the licensed checkbox in the Employee access type. 

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: CI List

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 18, 2018 08:20 AM

Arun.........

If you decide the enable the LICENSED option for the Employee role, be aware that this obviously has licensing implications and that you might need to purchase additional CA SDM licenses.

• 4.  Re: CI List

Posted May 18, 2018 08:40 AM

Hi,  

I already have a license for employee. Please help me how to access the cmdb details from end user.

Please explain me what is the procedure to achieve this 

• 5.  Re: CI List

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 18, 2018 02:11 PM

Arun.........

Where specifically (which forms) do you want users with the Employee Role to be able to see CI data?

• 6.  Re: CI List

Posted May 21, 2018 12:22 AM

Paul,

Please help me what are all the files needed in employee role, to see the CI data

• 7.  Re: CI List

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 21, 2018 11:44 AM

Arun,

How do you envision the Employee users accessing the CI data? Should they have a button on the home screen to search for CIs? Do the Employees have the ability to search for other users currently? Or are you only interested in the users being able to see their own CIs? It's not quite clear what your goals are, if we can understand that it may help us to get you in the right direction.

• 8.  Re: CI List

Posted May 22, 2018 12:48 AM

Here we created the scoreboard for the employees to see what are all the assets tagged in his him.

It is the requirement from the customer.

Please let me know what are all the forms required to achieve this

• 9.  Re: CI List

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2018 06:32 AM

Hi Arun,

Could you provide some screenshot of the scoreboard that was created for the employee interface? OOTB we do not provide details about assets to an employee / emp interface. There is no example of CI detail page created for employee interface and you might want to reach out to our Services team on such requirements.