DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  CA APM webview 10.5.2.27 - URL always redirected to physical host

Posted May 18, 2018 04:53 AM

Hello Everyone,

I am facing strange behavior after we upgraded from CA Enterprise Manager 9.7.1 to 10.5.2.

We are using the EM in an SAP environment using virtual hostnames.

We already tried everything we came accross over the web to force /webview URL to be displayed only on the virtual address. However, the whenever calling /webview it automatically redirects to the physical hostname.

/sapdashboard is not doing this, it will stay on the virtual hostname URL.

We tried these parameters so far:

introscope.enterprisemanager.fullyQualifiedHostName

introscope.enterprisemanager.ipaddress

introscope.webview.enterprisemanager.tcp.host

introscope.webview.tcp.ipaddress
    introscope.webview.default.url

We also tried to configure the jetty webserver in /config and force the virtual hostname in the "addConnector" tag.

We also tried to modify the jetty and web xml files in the WebContent directory to disable redirection.

Setting any/all the above parameters just achieved of still redirecting to the physical host and getting a "page cannot be displayed" message.

Checking the log the EM registers the 8081 port only on the virtual address for the EMWebserver, however then the log shows the "Fully Qualified domain is" as the physical host and the domain as the domain of the physical host despite setting the above.

Checked other hosts with the exact same software version, and they behave the same, so this is something "default" in this release.

I am out of ideas.

Peter

• 2.  Re: CA APM webview 10.5.2.27 - URL always redirected to physical host

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 18, 2018 07:44 AM

Dear Peter: 

You are running APM 10.5.2 HF 8. There are later HFs that deal with webview and redirected URLs that MAY help. 

Opening a support ticket with SAP may help move this along.

Hal German

Community: Anyone else have suggestions as to next steps?

• 3.  Re: CA APM webview 10.5.2.27 - URL always redirected to physical host

Posted May 18, 2018 07:52 AM

Dear Hallett,

Thank you for the quick answer! The version I mentioned here is the latest available for SAP environments.

Before I go to our development, can you suggest which HF for 10.5.2 is the one we should be using and has the correction for this problem? 

Having the exact version information would help me when contacting our component support.

Peter

• 4.  Re: CA APM webview 10.5.2.27 - URL always redirected to physical host

Posted May 18, 2018 10:05 AM

Latest HF16 is SP2. you can try to install it if there is no restriction from SAP. I believe if you contact with Support they will also suggest you same as Hallett_German suggest.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-apm/10-5/en/files/417299395/418954746/2/1502874179010/APM_10.5.2_SP1_readme.txt

https://docops.ca.com/ca-apm/10-5/en/files/430335211/430335210/1/1508519634114/APM_10.5.2_SP2_readme.txt

• 5.  Re: CA APM webview 10.5.2.27 - URL always redirected to physical host

Posted Jul 27, 2018 10:58 AM

Hi

Did you solve this problem ? I have the same issue!

• 6.  Re: CA APM webview 10.5.2.27 - URL always redirected to physical host
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 28, 2018 12:47 AM

Hello,

Yes, and the fixed version of EM is published to all SAP customers as version 10.5 SP02 Patch 1 if you are looking for the version for SAP environments.

You can find it at support packages and patches -> By Alphabetical Index (A-Z) -> S -> SAP SOLUTION MANAGER -> SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.2 -> WILY INTROSCOPE -> WILY INTROSCOPE ENTPR MGR 10.5

Best Regards,

Peter Baris