Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all

In Capacity Planning  Page, Why release drop down is not working when we change releases so it shows the capacity in Group allocation column

• 1.  In Capacity Planning  Page, Why release drop down is not working when we change releases so it shows the capacity in Group allocation column

Posted May 18, 2018 12:34 PM

In Capacity Planning  Page, Why release drop down is not working when we change releases so it shows the capacity in Group allocation column?

• 2.  Re: In Capacity Planning  Page, Why release drop down is not working when we change releases so it shows the capacity in Group allocation column
    Best Answer

Posted May 18, 2018 02:56 PM

My understanding: when you are in the draft stage, you can select any release (start/end), plan the work within the capacity planner, then publish it. Are you saying that you did the "planning" (chose portfolio items/group allocations) and then you are trying to switch between releases? Because if so, then at that stage you are the one setting which release you are planning for before you publish the plan. For more than one release, you'd create a new draft/publish a new plan.

• 3.  Re: In Capacity Planning  Page, Why release drop down is not working when we change releases so it shows the capacity in Group allocation column

Posted May 18, 2018 03:29 PM

Hi ,

Thanks for the response. I want to determine the team’s capacity for each release. I selected “From” release and “To” and allocated all features to the teams. Say I have From release as “3.7” and To release “3.9”. My teams will be delivering in 3.7, 3.8 and 3.9. But when selected the range “From” 3.7 and “To “3.8” then capacity % is not adjusting accordingly.

Thanks,

Shelley