Top Secret

• 1.  Removing a transaction from the TSS/CICS bypass list

Posted May 18, 2018 03:07 PM

No need to open a case for this; I assume I'm just not doing it right.  I'm trying to remove CICS transaction CRTE from the BYPLIST.  I issue the following command:

TSS MODI FAC(CICSE=BYPREM(TRAN=CRTE))

I get this response:

TSS9189I TRAN=CRTE was removed from the CICSE    facility BYPASS list.
      TSS0300I  MODIFY   FUNCTION SUCCESSFUL                                

So clearly TSS understood my wishes.  But when I look at the bypass list for CICSE again ("TSS MODI FAC(CICSE=BYPLIST)"), I see CRTE still listed.

So is there something additional I have to do?  I keep thinking maybe the BYPLIST subcommand is showing the static settings, not the dynamic change, but I don't really buy that.

• 2.  Re: Removing a transaction from the TSS/CICS bypass list
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 18, 2018 03:27 PM

Hi Bob,

Please try the following:

TSS MODI FAC(CICSE=BYPREM(TRANID=CRTE))

(TRANID instead of TRAN). CICS facilities have both a TRANID and TRAN bypass list. 

- The TRANID bypass list contains transaction name entries that will bypass all security checking for the transaction.

- The TRAN bypass list contains transaction names that will bypass resource OTRAN or LCF security checking only.

There are default transactions in the TRANID bypass list, including CRTE. There aren't any default transactions in the TRAN bypass list. 

If your facility control options are kept in the TSS parameter file, be sure to add the corresponding FAC statement to the parameter file to make the change permanent.

FAC(CICSE=BYPREM(TRANID=CRTE))

Best regards,

Bob Boerum

• 3.  Re: Removing a transaction from the TSS/CICS bypass list

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 18, 2018 03:28 PM

Issue:

TSS MODI FAC(CICSE=BYPREM(TRANID=CRTE))

then list

TSS MODI FAC(CICSE=BYPLIST)

• 4.  Re: Removing a transaction from the TSS/CICS bypass list

Posted May 18, 2018 03:35 PM

I see I was careless.  In the TSS/CICS implementation guide I read this:  "To bypass transaction security, add an entry to the TRANID or TRAN parameter of the Bypass List. TRAN and TRANS are identical. The TRANID parameter contains transaction name entries that will bypass all security checking for the transaction."  I thought I read that TRAN and TRANID are identical.  Ok, I'll try it.  Thanks, guys.

• 5.  Re: Removing a transaction from the TSS/CICS bypass list

Posted May 18, 2018 03:36 PM

Yep, that did it.  Thanks again!