Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all

Capacity Planning page --> Getting an error "Not able to create or edit a plan? Most likely you don’t have planning permissions." How to add the planning permission

• 1.  Capacity Planning page --> Getting an error "Not able to create or edit a plan? Most likely you don’t have planning permissions." How to add the planning permission

Posted May 18, 2018 06:58 PM

I am not able to edit the capacity planning page. I am getting a message "Not able to create or edit a plan? Most likely you don’t have planning permissions." on the top. 

I am a project admin. How to get permissions to add/edit capacity planning.

• 2.  Re: Capacity Planning page --> Getting an error "Not able to create or edit a plan? Most likely you don’t have planning permissions." How to add the planning permission
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 21, 2018 09:25 AM

Hello Nalini,

In order to create and publish plans you will need to be added as a designated planner by a workspace or subscription administrator. I have included the help link and a brief explanation of the steps that need to be taken.

Capacity Planning | CA Agile Central Help 

Designate Planners

Subscription or workspace administrators must designate individual users as planners. Only planners may create, modify, publish, and view draft plans. All users can view published plans.

A planner may publish or edit any other planner's plans. Carefully consider which users in your organization to designate as planners to avoid accidental overwrites.

To designate planners:

1. Click the Setup icon .
      2. On the Users tab, locate the user you wish to designate as a planner.
      3. Click the gear icon next to the user's name and select Edit.

1. On the Edit User screen, select the Planner checkbox in the Planner section.

1. Click Save & Close.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Christian