DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Disabling automatic cleaning of CDM probe critical alarms

Posted May 19, 2018 08:54 PM

Hello friends,

we have suffered with many alarms and we know we can adjust the samples or the time, but that has not been solved.

Even more with the implementation of automatic alarm send, the quality of the alarms needs to be very accurate.

I would like to disable the automatic cleaning of critical alarms from the CDM probe and only after the NOC team clears the alarms will they increase the count.

I know I can use the Accept automatic acknowledgment of alarm (NAS) option, however this will affect all my other alarms.

Anyone have any idea what we can do?

Thank you.

• 2.  Re: Disabling automatic cleaning of CDM probe critical alarms

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2018 09:44 PM

Hello.

If you do not like "Accept automatic acknowledgment of alarm (NAS) option" to be disabled, you may create Pre-Processing rule to "exclude" cdm probe's "clear" severity alarms

• 3.  Re: Disabling automatic cleaning of CDM probe critical alarms

Posted May 20, 2018 11:11 PM

Hello,

interesting idea.

We use the CASDM for ticket intergration and we want to only close the alarm when closing the call.

What happens nowadays is that a lot of alarms appear and often add up generating a lot of alarms.

We want the alarm close control to occur only when the ticket is closed.

The point is that we only use CASDM for critical alarms, so major and warning alarms will stay on the NAS forever.

Using this idea I can clear the "clear" only of critical alarms.

Thank you.

• 4.  Re: Disabling automatic cleaning of CDM probe critical alarms

Posted May 21, 2018 09:53 AM

You could use a NAS profile to create a new alarm, this alarm would then stay until cleared down manually and meet your requirements. 

• 5.  Re: Disabling automatic cleaning of CDM probe critical alarms

Posted May 21, 2018 11:50 AM

Hi friend,

Thank you for your time and opinion.

I thought about that too, but I need to generate a new alarm just like the original one.

The issue is that anyway the first critic will be generated and will open the ticket.

Unless all my alarms are configured for information and for each of them, I would generate a new critical alarm.

That way when the itcket was closed, the critical alarm would be closed as well.

Sorry my english translated.

Thank you.

• 6.  Re: Disabling automatic cleaning of CDM probe critical alarms

Posted May 24, 2018 02:50 PM

Sandro,

If my understanding is correct then perhaps this will fulfill the need:

nas configure > status > right click  Create > Auto-Operator Profile:

Action type: close

Severity Level: check the box for the severity levels that need to be closed.