IT Process Automation

• 1.  Suggestion required for Email parsing

Posted May 21, 2018 01:59 AM

Hi Forum

I have a requirement of parsing the emails based on the from and specific content in message body it will be forward to specific Person/DL which can be found from a excel or database table. Pls suggest if any one done such test case please forward to me .

Regards

Dambaru

• 2.  Re: Suggestion required for Email parsing

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 23, 2018 08:43 AM

You should be able to accomplish this with mail triggers.  You can read more here:

How File and Mail Triggers Work - CA Process Automation - 04.3.02 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: Suggestion required for Email parsing
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 23, 2018 09:14 AM

Additionally, once the Trigger has initiated a Process, you can use the following to help filter the messages:

How to use the Message Filter Criteria to retrieve - CA Knowledge 

Then you can use Javascript in a pre or post execution filter to pull contents from the email and set it as a dataset value which could then be used later in the process, for example to assign a Task to a particular person based on the email details.

• 4.  Re: Suggestion required for Email parsing

Posted May 25, 2018 06:19 AM

Hi Support

if some one has already done similar work then share the workflow so that it will be help me for quicker design .

• 5.  Re: Suggestion required for Email parsing

Posted Jun 04, 2018 01:32 AM

if anyone has done email parsing then share the workflow ..which will be definitely help .