DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  ACC APMIA EPA Bundle

Posted May 22, 2018 05:10 PM

Is there a way to create a ACC bundle for APMIA with EPA-style scripts? I have been trying this all day, but all my attempts either lead to the bundles being rejected by ACC or ignored upon packaging.

I have a running .tar.gz extension that APMIA is happy with, but the objective is to have this extension as a bundle in ACC.

Can this be done?

• 2.  Re: ACC APMIA EPA Bundle

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2018 09:00 PM

There are instructions in the wiki for this. Additionally, if you're using Perl and the provided modules, you'll need to include them in your IAgent package or with your custom bundle.

Add Custom Bundles - CA Application Performance Management - 10.7 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Convert a Standalone EPAgent Script to Run On the Infrastructure Agent - CA Application Performance Management - 10.7 - … 

• 3.  Re: ACC APMIA EPA Bundle

Posted May 23, 2018 02:14 AM
      |   view attached

I am aware of this documentation, but it didn't work for me. I could "convert" my perl scripts (well, actually it is your perl scripts for rhel monitoring) so they run in APMIA if I manually copy them to extensions/deploy.

I can upload this bundle to ACC as long as I leave specificationVersion 1. When I add this to an infrastructure agent, nothing happens - the scripts are nowhere in the agent package.

When I change bundle.properties to use "module" property names (i.e. the ones with an additional name component like "introscope.epagent.stateless.EpaSamples.names") those properties are merged into IntroscopeAgent.profile, but again nothing happens, no scripts in my package when I add this bundle.

When I change it to specificationVersion 2 ACC complains that the directory structure is invalid (just metadata, lib, ... are allowed).

Any hint what I am doing wrong? Or do you have a sample for a ACC bundle for APMIA with scripts I can check my bundle against?

Attachment(s)

gz
    rhel.tar.gz   24 KB 1 version

• 4.  Re: ACC APMIA EPA Bundle

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 23, 2018 02:54 AM

I'll take a look and report back. What version of APM?

• 5.  Re: ACC APMIA EPA Bundle

Posted May 23, 2018 03:31 AM

Thanks for taking care of this.

It is 10.7.0 (i.e. no HF3 in this installation yet)

• 6.  Re: ACC APMIA EPA Bundle

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 24, 2018 11:58 AM

still working on this; will report back ASAP.

• 7.  Re: ACC APMIA EPA Bundle

Posted Jun 02, 2018 03:50 AM

I don't mean to be pushy, I know that you are for sure very busy. Is managing script extensions for APIM with ACC is a supported scenario? If yes, I can also file a support ticket. 

• 8.  Re: ACC APMIA EPA Bundle

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 02, 2018 08:31 AM

Yes, sorry it's taking so long. please feel free to open a ticket.

I need to start creating bundles for my EPA plugins anyways to convert them for use with IA. ;-)

• 9.  Re: ACC APMIA EPA Bundle

Posted Jun 03, 2018 05:33 AM

Ticket 01104304 is created - I'll let you know if anything significant happens in this ticket.

• 10.  Re: ACC APMIA EPA Bundle
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 14, 2018 01:21 PM
      |   view attached

Finally got it running. You will need ACC 10.7 HF10 (which is a newer hotfix than SP1).

What needs to be done is basically to place the scripts into "lib", provide bundle metadata in "metadata" and a bundle.properties. 

Many thanks to Alain from CA Support!

I should add that the scripts still have one or two issues, but those are not related to APMIA.

Attachment(s)

gz
    rhel-09.tar.gz   24 KB 1 version