Release Automation

• 1.  Can I upload a file from my local desktop without an RA agent?

Posted May 22, 2018 02:39 PM

We still archive email approvals for audit purposes to supplement our formal CR system.  I'm trying to figure out a way to allow a user to select a deployment plan and then upload an email or .txt file from their local machine that could be attached as an artifact for the deployment.  Does this functionality exist in RA 6.5 or is there any plans to implement anything like this? 

• 2.  Re: Can I upload a file from my local desktop without an RA agent?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 23, 2018 06:07 AM

Hi,

RA can copy files between 2 machines as product function, but we need to install RA agent to both machines .

If you cannot install agent to one machine, you need to configure share folder and write some scripts like following batch file to get files from RA Agent.

This is a sample for Windows:

net use x: \\<your machine>\share /user:administrator <password>

copy x:\aaa.txt C:\work

net use /delete x:

Use "Run Command Line" action type with the batch file on RA Agent, and then you can get aaa.txt remotely.

However, I strongly recommend to install RA Agent to all machines related to deployments.

Regards

Yas

• 3.  Re: Can I upload a file from my local desktop without an RA agent?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 28, 2018 04:46 AM

Hello Christopher,

Yas has already suggessted a way to be considered with design you are looking. In case if you are looking for an explicit file upload explorer window I don't think it is currently there. Would request you to please raise an idea for same.

Regards,

Saurabh