Symantec Access Management

• 1.  CA Dir management UI port reconfigure and the hole I'm in now.

Posted May 22, 2018 04:02 PM

So running 12.6 of CA Dir (on RH) and new to it.  I had setup the management UI and used it to create an environment and 8 DSA's on 8 different servers all replicating to each other.  Fairly straightforward and a great learning experience.  So after I was done, I wanted to change the default port (3000) that the management UI was listening on.  I couldn't easily find where in the management UI where the port was defined so I had this idea.  I figured if I shutdown the UI and the DSA that supports it, I could save the database off, uninstall the UI and remove the DSA.  I then re-ran the installer for the UI specifying the port I wanted.  I then shutdown the UI and DSA, replaced the new database with the one I had saved and started everything back up.  I know I was somewhat successful since I had to use the new password I created for the admin account, but it looks clean with no environments or DIT's displayed in the UI.  Am I hosed now or is there a way to get the UI to read all the config info that is in the original management DB?

Please don't make the laughter so loud that I can hear it...

Thanks

• 2.  Re: CA Dir management UI port reconfigure and the hole I'm in now.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 23, 2018 03:34 AM

Hi,

You can change the default management UI port in the CA\Directory\management-ui\config.js.

Stop the Nodejs server and the Management UI DSA.

Modify the the management UI port.

Start the Nodejs server  and Mangament UI DSA.

The 8 DSA's on 8 different servers still exists. So you just need to create the environment and add the 8 hosts. All the DSA's will be visible.

Regards,

Shiny

• 3.  Re: CA Dir management UI port reconfigure and the hole I'm in now.

Posted May 23, 2018 07:50 AM

Thanks for letting me know where to correctly update the port.  Unfortunately that wasn't the end of my issues.  I ended up fixing the whole mess by doing a dump of the original management dsa and then uninstall/re-install the UI.  Dump the new management dsa.  Create a new ldif by copying original dsa ldif and merge the superuser password from the new dsa and then do a dxload.  That's when I could finally log in to the UI and see my existing environment.  Actually this has been interesting learning the nuances of CA directory as compared to my current ldap directory.