Clarity

• 1.  I had three questions about CA PPM...

Posted May 23, 2018 03:38 PM

I had three questions about clarity...
    *What is the minimum set of metadata required to create a project or a resource in the system. What are must haves and cannot be changed

* Things that cannot change - for example we noticed High, Medium, Low in Risk Registers and throughout project artefacts

* Consistency across different business unit - can it cater for different types of projects, governance lifecycle etc...

• 2.  Re: I had three questions about CA PPM...

Posted May 24, 2018 05:01 AM

Hello,

I would suggest you to read through the CA PPM documents at the link here to get started with this tool. It will help clear most of your queries and doubts related to this product.

Regards,

Suhail.

• 3.  Re: I had three questions about CA PPM...

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 25, 2018 07:45 AM

I agree with you Suhail,

CA PPM is also very flexible. For a resource, it depends how the record is added, for example, could be added through the user interface, XML Open Gateway (XOG), LDAP, SSO, or SaaS integration adapter where only the following attributes are required to import labor resources:

• resourceId
    • firstName
    • lastName
    • emailAddress

You could examine the DB schema to identify what is required. Certain system-defined lookups cannot be changed but much more is user-defined, configurable by an admin, or even personalized by each separate user -- very nice feature of CA PPM. And yes, for BU governance, you can set up templates/blueprints in the modern UX to manage project work by different metrics, UI/UX elements, or business rules, such as a Marketing project vs. an IT project or internal/external or compliance/non-compliant.

Hope that helps.