Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Workflow is not blocked even though the task inside is Aborted

Posted May 24, 2018 06:38 AM

Hello all,

I have used three sub workflows in a workflow and out of those two are For-each workflows. and when I execute the main  workflow, the task which is inside the first sub-workflow got aborted for some reason, but the workflow status is still shown as ENDED-OK and so the next workflow got triggered and started running. I want the first sub-workflow should be blocked and then the succeeding sub-workflows should wait until the issue is fixed. How can I achieve this.

Thanks,

Srujan.

• 2.  Re: Workflow is not blocked even though the task inside is Aborted

Posted May 24, 2018 12:31 PM

Hi

You could use the "dependencies" tab on the task properties of the workflow which succeeds the failed job , to control the execution. See below image.

The next job will be executed only if the previous job ended with "ANY_OK" status. If it doesn't you can use the Else section to determine what the job has to do

ANY_OK The preceding task ended without errors.
    ANY_OK combines all conditions with return codes between 1900 and 1999

• 3.  Re: Workflow is not blocked even though the task inside is Aborted

Posted May 25, 2018 03:36 AM

Thanks Shravani. This has been working perfect inside the workflow. But the issue is like when we have multiple workflows to work on and if the last task inside the first sub-workflow gets blocked for some reason, it should stop executing the next workflow. It is actually failing to do so, the next workflow is getting started in my case.

Thanks,

Srujan.

• 4.  Re: Workflow is not blocked even though the task inside is Aborted

Posted May 30, 2018 03:38 AM

Hi,

even the END-Block has the dependencies option, so to block the sub-workflow you just need to setup the ANY_OK conditon there.

Regards

• 5.  Re: Workflow is not blocked even though the task inside is Aborted

Posted May 29, 2018 02:23 PM

Is it possible to provide screenshots of your workflow, please?