Clarity

• 1.  Want to Delete Projects which does not have timesheet

Posted May 24, 2018 07:01 AM
      |   view attached

I want to delete project which does not have timesheet or there is no record in ppawip table.

so below query wrote it.

select distinct inv.code, pp.actualcost,pp.totalcost,wip.transdate,p.status from
    inv_investments inv,pac_mnt_projects p,odf_ca_project o,ppa_wip wip, ppa_wip_values pp
    where inv.id=p.id and o.id=inv.id and o.id=p.id and wip.transno=pp.transno and wip.project_Code=inv.code
    and inv.is_Active=0
    and p.status='C'

In powerfilter I built the actuals =0 please refer the screen shot .Nearly 5799 records came.I checked one project trying to delete the steps below

1) Mark for Deletion that project

2)Run the Delete Investment Job

While I checked in that log file below message is appearing .Even though we checked financials status is closed.

So below message meaning is actualcost is appearing in ppa_wip_values tables . Is it Correct?

002339 (5103987) cannot be deleted because it has associated financial transactions.

Myquery is whether IN GUI Actuals(refer the screen shot) / ppa_wip_values tables=>Actualcost are the same

Actuals=Actualcost values are same or not

We want to Purging activity for projects so we can check this. Can we approach this or any other Methods Please advice on this.

• 2.  Re: Want to Delete Projects which does not have timesheet

Posted May 24, 2018 07:56 AM

Hi muthukumaran.mohanarengan,  

From a support standpoint we never recommend deleting data directly from the database as it will often create "dangling references" or data corruption.  There are many things related to, and referencing projects, and if those records are deleted, that would leave those references missing.   I am not sure on the best way to go about this myself, but there may be some folks out here on the community that have been through similar situations and can share some info with you as to what they did.

Thanks,
    Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Want to Delete Projects which does not have timesheet
    Best Answer

Posted May 25, 2018 05:25 AM

Hi Muthu, 

Why aren't you going with the normal delete investment method that is available from CA PPM UI itself. If you are saying that there is no financial activity done on that project which you want to delete, please make it as inactive first. Then Mark the same for deletion and run the delete investment job. 

You have used the queries to check if there are records in PPA_WIP tables, that is fine, but please do not try to delete a project from database. That can create some REAL issue in your system in near future. Hope this helps. 

Thanks,

Abhisek Dhar

• 4.  Re: Want to Delete Projects which does not have timesheet

Posted May 25, 2018 05:31 AM

See this documentation for further clarification:

Close, Deactivate and Delete Projects in CA PPM