AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to create a sql checkpoint in the sqlserver probe to get list of db_names on the server the checkpoint is being applied to?

Question asked by rtirak on May 24, 2018
Latest reply on May 30, 2018 by rtirak

This might be confusing so please do not hesitate to ask questions on what I mean. What I am trying to figure out is how I can get the db_name as a variable so it can be saved in the QOS so it can be used in a dashboard. So what I want to be able to do is if I was using the metrics db_backup_status returns the number of minutes since the last successfull backup. When I go to a dashboard I am able to get the actual server name but I am not able to just get a list of each database on that server and the minutes for each one, even though I know the probe and metric is getting that information.

I have tried to create my own "custom" version with the exact same query as backup_status however I am not able to assign the column db_name from my query to a value in the probe. So if I cant assign it as a value that I cannot collect it and in turn in CABI or the UMP display the list of all db_names on the server and each db backup_Status minutes.

So in the dashboard I want to display all the SQL servers we are monitoring, and than be able to click on a server name and it drills down to a second dashboard that lists all the databases on that server and each of there minutes since last backup.

Anyone done anything like this or know how I can achieve this?

Outcomes