CA Service Management

• 1.  Service Management Solution Performance Test

Posted May 24, 2018 07:14 AM

We have our Service Management Solution hosted in an provider and all the solution is configured to be acessible via internet.

We have varios clients accessing our solution but one of our clients have no internet access in some locations, so it accesses the service management solution via VPN Link from that client to our hosted servers.

In some periods, this client experienses a delay in its access.

Is there a way that I can verify the websites from service management performance from one of the clients locations.

I searched google but the sites that offers website performance test that I found are always from fixes locations.

• 2.  Re: Service Management Solution Performance Test

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 24, 2018 09:15 AM

Hello,

Can you confirm that only the users at this specific site that are using the VPN connectivity are experiencing the problem?

Can they attest to any performance issues from other sites aside from the Service Desk application?

It is possible that the VPN might also be filtering traffic that is coming in from the Service Desk application. I would check to see if any troubleshooting could be done direct at the VPN itself, if you could possibly connect to the same VPN and try performance testing and comparison that way.

• 3.  Re: Service Management Solution Performance Test

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 24, 2018 10:59 AM

In addition to that, it may be worth checking whether the performance problem is experienced for particular user IDs, rather than the location. If the slow performance is experienced with another user not from that group, you know it's the network.