Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all

HTML Code for 'filter by milestone' or 'tags'

bulmi01

bulmi01May 25, 2018 03:08 AM

• 1.  HTML Code for 'filter by milestone' or 'tags'

Posted May 24, 2018 01:43 PM

There is an app on github TechServices created two years ago called ‘user story ancestor grid’.  https://github.com/RallyTechServices/user-story-ancestor-grid  

This app solves a lot of the inquiries that I see on a regular basis, especially because it allows us to filter on field in the hierarchy of those stories (e.g. stories with an Epic State of 'Done').  We can do this in queries too, but the UI filter is much more accessible for our entire user base.  However, the filter capabilities on this app do not allow us to search for milestones or tags, the fields that could have multiple entries.

Anyone know if there is a similar app or have tips on inserting the right HTML code to allow a filter by milestone?

• 2.  Re: HTML Code for 'filter by milestone' or 'tags'
    Best Answer

Posted May 24, 2018 04:12 PM

Hey, this is a really cool app I'd never seen before!  I have added Milestones and Tags to a few other apps, so was able to do it here as well.  I pasted in a section of code below.  The bits I added are in red font.  It works for me, I hope it works for you as well!

Ext.override(Rally.ui.inlinefilter.InlineFilterPanel, {
            minHeight: 46,
            padding: '8px 0 0 0',
            bodyPadding: '7px 5px 5px 5px',
            collapseDirection: 'top',
            collapsible: true,
            animCollapse: false,

config: {
                inline: true,
                collapsed: true,
                anchorTargetCmp: undefined,
                model: undefined,
                context: undefined,
                quickFilterPanelConfig: {
                    initialFilters: [],
                    addQuickFilterConfig:{whiteListFields:["Milestones", "Tags"]
        }
                },
       advancedFilterPanelConfig: {
                    advancedFilterRowsConfig: {
                        propertyFieldConfig: {
                             whiteListFields: ["Milestones", "Tags"]
                        }
                     },
                    matchTypeConfig: {
                        value: 'AND'
                    }
                }
            },

• 3.  Re: HTML Code for 'filter by milestone' or 'tags'

Posted May 24, 2018 04:36 PM

Fantastic Terry!  This is exactly what I needed.  Thank you!

• 4.  Re: HTML Code for 'filter by milestone' or 'tags'

Posted May 25, 2018 03:08 AM

Thank you Terry!

• 5.  Re: HTML Code for 'filter by milestone' or 'tags'

Posted Jun 05, 2018 06:38 PM

This is Great terry.ginzburg!  I added a link to this conversation out on GitHub and added a new request   Not sure if anyone is interested or available in making any other modifications, but can't hurt to ask.  

• 6.  Re: HTML Code for 'filter by milestone' or 'tags'

Posted Jun 05, 2018 06:48 PM

I like your suggestion!  I might be able to hard-code it to something else, but I'd love to know how to add flexible app settings to it instead!

I also modified a version to show only two levels of Portfolio Items.  We have four levels, but when I'm looking at User Stories, in most cases I'm really only interested in the first two levels,not necessarily what high-level Initiative they roll up to. I tweaked the loop so instead of counting the levels and exposing them all, it only showed the first two.  That would be an interesting setting to add - how many generations of ancestors do you want to see?

• 7.  Re: HTML Code for 'filter by milestone' or 'tags'

Posted Jun 05, 2018 07:04 PM

I have a team this is just wanting to view one level at a time, but instead of user stories, they wanted to see features and others wanted to view capabilities.  The issue they are having is that they are adding milestones at the initiative level but would like to see the lower levels instead without having to drill down.  Currently we have Themes --> Initiatives -->Capabilities --> Features in our structure.  Thank you so much terry.ginzburg for even looking at this one   ameyers@rallydev.com">ameyers@rallydev.com Thought I'd tag you on this one

• 8.  Re: HTML Code for 'filter by milestone' or 'tags'

Posted Jun 08, 2018 01:23 PM

Oooh I like that idea Terry.... We too only care about a few levels from stories and don't often go to the very top.

I also would love to see just the Portfolio items with this kind of view and the filter capabilities at all levels at once.  For example, I have a request just today for a list of Features tied to their specific milestone and their hierarchy up two levels.  Just another idea to toy with in your free time.  Thanks so much!

• 9.  Re: HTML Code for 'filter by milestone' or 'tags'

Posted Jun 12, 2018 12:44 PM

Hi,

I am trying this app out and I'm not sure how to do what you mentioned: "it allows us to filter on field in the hierarchy of those stories (e.g. stories with an Epic State of 'Done')".   The filters in it are referring to the fields of a user story, right?

e.g. if I use "release" in filter, then it filters by release among the user stories.

But if I want to filter by release among Epics, then how do I use the app?

Regards,

Nivi

• 10.  Re: HTML Code for 'filter by milestone' or 'tags'

Posted Jun 12, 2018 01:56 PM

In the Filter area there is a dropdown field called 'Object'.  Change that value to look at the different record types for the filters.  If you want to look at a list of stories for Epic that are in a State = Done, change that 'Object' dropdown value to Epic first, then create the filter.

• 11.  Re: HTML Code for 'filter by milestone' or 'tags'

Posted Jun 12, 2018 02:26 PM

I'm sorry,  but I can't find it.  I can just see the "add columns" and "filter". And if I use the filter, I don't see any drop down with the name "Object".

I seriously doubt this is what you asked me to do, but I don't see anything else.

• 12.  Re: HTML Code for 'filter by milestone' or 'tags'

Posted Jun 12, 2018 03:02 PM

It's in the Advanced Filter section.    Click on Advanced Filters and you'll see the Object and Field dropdowns.

• 13.  Re: HTML Code for 'filter by milestone' or 'tags'

Posted Jun 12, 2018 03:10 PM

Aaaah! Thank you!

Now I see the beauty of this app! Also I used your code for adding milestones to the filter. Thanks for that too!

Regards,

Nivi