IT Process Automation

• 1.  Read from File Error

Posted May 24, 2018 05:50 PM

I am getting the following error when I try to do a “Read from File” operator.  

'xcopy' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

• 2.  Re: Read from File Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 29, 2018 11:30 AM

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any new information on this topic.  I see a case has been opened with support.  Please continue to work with support on this case.  Thank you.

• 3.  Re: Read from File Error

Posted May 29, 2018 04:49 PM

Hi,

We had this problem a long time ago, I believe it was solved by changing the path statement in one of the config files (or batch file) on the agent/server, as the File Read operator tries to use the xcopy.exe to make a temp copy of the file before reading it.

This was back in 2013, so I don't remember all the details, I did have a case opened, maybe CA can find the answer in it. CA Support Request 21536278 01 

I thought it was fixed in a later release, but I could be wrong

Hope this helps!

• 4.  Re: Read from File Error
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 30, 2018 07:25 AM

Thank you Ian for the info.  I found case 21536278. L2 provided you with a new wrapper.exe and this was permanently fixed in 4.2 SP1 at the time. 

Paul, what version of Process Automation are you on?  If before 4.2 SP1, you will need to upgrade.  If a later version of Process Automation, it may be a recurrence of this issue where the wrapper.exe config file does not maintain the system PATH.  

Review c2oagtsvcw.conf (This is on the agent at C:\Program Files\CA\PAM Agent\PAMAgent) and confirm

set.PATH=%PATH%;%SystemRoot%System32

If you continue to have an issue, open a new case with support.  Thank you.

• 5.  Re: Read from File Error

Posted May 31, 2018 08:29 AM

The agent isn't installed on this machine.  This is on the Orchestrator itself.  Would installing the agent help? 

PAM is a t 4.3.02.