CA Service Management

• 1.  sdm_ds data source configuration failed

Posted May 25, 2018 04:41 AM
      |   view attached

Hi All,

I have installed CABI JasperReport 6.3.0 on Windows Server 2012 R2 with database MS SQL 2012 and I have CA Service Management 17.0 are installed on same server and same database server. 

I configured sdm_ds data source using servicedesk user credential, the connection test is failed. I'm not sure what happened because I can login to SDM and USS with servicedesk user credential.

I attached capture screen in attachment.

Thanks and Regards,

KS

• 2.  Re: sdm_ds data source configuration failed

Posted May 25, 2018 04:48 AM

Are you sure you specified the connection type (JDBC) and the JDBC driver correctly ? In the screenshot above they don't seem set.

• 3.  Re: sdm_ds data source configuration failed
    Best Answer

Posted May 25, 2018 11:04 AM

Hi KS,

Thank you for reaching out with this issue. It looks like you've got the datasource set up correctly for the most part. Here is our DocOps link regarding these steps:

Install and Configure CABI JasperReports® Server r6.3.0 for CA Service Management - CA Service Management - 17.1 - CA Te… 

My only concern here would be the hostname reference that you have blocked out on the URL selection line. I'd recommend double checking that the URL is formatted like so (be sure to include the port 19987 reference as well!):

jdbc:openaccess://<ca_sdm_hostname>:19987;ServerDataSource=Default

Give that a try, and feel free to reply with any additional questions or if my recommendation doesn't do the trick. 

Thanks,

Eddie

• 4.  Re: sdm_ds data source configuration failed

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 25, 2018 11:38 AM

Komgrit..........

What is the locale setting for the OS where JasperSoft and Windows is installed?

Have you verified that the two (2) SDM ODBC services are installed and running?

• 5.  Re: sdm_ds data source configuration failed

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 29, 2018 10:46 AM

Komgrit..........

Are you stilling having issues with the JasperSoft Datasource connection?

If not, please mark one of the provided answers as correct so that this thread can be closed.