Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Difference between DEACTIVATE_UC_OBJECT and CANCEL_UC_OBJECT

Posted May 28, 2018 05:47 AM

Hello All,

I would like to know the difference between the script statements DEACTIVATE_UC_OBJECT and CANCEL_UC_OBJECT. As per my understanding, both are used to cancel the activated objects. Any other major difference I am missing out here.

Thanks,

Srujan.

• 2.  Re: Difference between DEACTIVATE_UC_OBJECT and CANCEL_UC_OBJECT
    Best Answer

Posted May 28, 2018 07:51 AM

Deactivate has nothing to do with caneling active objects.

Deactivate only removes the task(s) from the Process Monitoring view (Activation Window). You can only deactivate tasks from the Monitoring Perspective which are already ended.

The Cancle Command cancle the activated objekt. Depending on the deactivate settings of the object the cancled object stays in the Monitoring Perspective with status ENDED_CANCELED

To remove the item from the Monitoring persective you have to deactivate the item(s) if the object settings not defined as Deactivate always

• 3.  Re: Difference between DEACTIVATE_UC_OBJECT and CANCEL_UC_OBJECT

Posted May 28, 2018 08:29 AM

kreth02 thanks for the information.

Even after running DEACTIVATE_UC_OBJECT, the workflow is still showing up in Process monitoring perspective.

Let me tell you our requirement, we have created a workflow and in it's process tab,we have put a check on the target agent's status. So if the status is Inactive, the workflow should be cancelled automatically after prompting the user about the agent's status.Additionally, it should not be shown in Process monitoring even if the status is MANUAL_CANCEL.

Please let me know your thoughts on the above requirement.

Thanks,

Srujan.

• 4.  Re: Difference between DEACTIVATE_UC_OBJECT and CANCEL_UC_OBJECT

Posted May 28, 2018 01:25 PM

Please check the attribute tab of the workflow. Here you find the "Automatic Deactivation Settings" In your case you need to defined the "Always" Option. With this option the workflow and all assigned tasks are automatically deactivated and removed from the Monitoring Persperctive

Thomas

• 5.  Re: Difference between DEACTIVATE_UC_OBJECT and CANCEL_UC_OBJECT

Posted May 28, 2018 01:57 PM

So if I go for "Always" option , only the jobs that are in active will be shown in Process monitoring perspective?

Thanks,

Srujan.

• 6.  Re: Difference between DEACTIVATE_UC_OBJECT and CANCEL_UC_OBJECT

Posted May 29, 2018 08:16 AM

Well, if the active Jobs are part of the Workflow the workflow itself is active. The deactivation settings is only checked by the system when the workflow has an ENDED_* status. If the ENDED State of the workflow is reach all itemes assigned to the workflow will disappaer form the Moinitoring view.

Thomas