AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  app server error while connecting to DB

Posted May 25, 2018 07:05 PM

I am having this error when I bring app server up. I can login to DB (Oracle RAC). I can use tnsping and connect to DB using sqlplus but app server is throwing errors using same credentials. Client is 32-bit and WAAE is 11.3.6 SP6

CAUAJM_E_18407 Failed to connect to Oracle server: ***
    [05/25/2018 13:39:10] CAUAJM_E_18400 An error has occurred while interfacing with ORACLE.
    [05/25/2018 13:39:10] CAUAJM_E_18401 Function <Olog> invoked from <openProc> failed <154>
    [05/25/2018 13:39:10] CAUAJM_E_18402 Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12154
    [05/25/2018 13:39:10] CAUAJM_E_10649 Server xxxx was not available during connection operation.

• 2.  Re: app server error while connecting to DB

Posted May 25, 2018 10:45 PM

Hmm apparently the TNS alias (Conn identifier) is not available in the tnsnames.ore file or this file can't be reached. Check where $TNS_ADMIN is pointing to and ensure the location is accessible (755) to the autosys user owning the as_server. Try the following as the autosys user and see if that works.

cat $TNS_ADMIN/ tnsnames.ora

Thanks & Regards,

Chandru

CA Technologies

• 3.  Re: app server error while connecting to DB

Posted May 26, 2018 06:58 AM

Thank You for getting back Chandru, I can tnsping tnsalias from user autosys and can connect to DB using sqlplus. I can also do cat on the tnsnames.ora file. I cannot ping the DB host as icmp (ping) is turned off to the oracle host, but I think that should not be an issue since I can reach DB host at port 1521.

Anything else I might be missing.

• 4.  Re: app server error while connecting to DB

Posted May 26, 2018 08:23 PM

Are you using WAAE_DB in the config.$AUTOSERV file or something else and does that match with what's in the tnsnames.ora (TNS alias, not the SERVICE_NAME or SID).

• 5.  Re: app server error while connecting to DB

Posted May 26, 2018 09:06 PM

Also check the sqlnet.ora file under $TNS_ADMIN for NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH = (TNSNAMES, EZCONNECT). If TNSNAMES is not there, then that could cause ORA-12154 too.  For the sake of simplicity/consistency, keep the TNS Alias same as the Oracle SERVICE_NAME in the tnsnames.ora, like so:

WAAEDB =
      (DESCRIPTION =
        (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = oracledbhost)(PORT = 1521))
        (CONNECT_DATA =
          (SERVER = DEDICATED)
          (SERVICE_NAME = WAAEDB)
        )
      )

• 6.  Re: app server error while connecting to DB

Posted May 27, 2018 05:29 PM

I have tried by making TNS alias same as SERVICE_NAME and I still got the same error. I copied this AEDBADMIN and AUTOSYS schema from an existing WAAE Environment. I executed RefreshAEDB.pl against this schema and got this error about UJOADMIN role being missing. I do not believe ORA-12154 can be caused by a role not being present (should have seen ORA-00942). Do you think this can be the cause here.

Thank You. 

• 7.  Re: app server error while connecting to DB
    Best Answer

Posted May 27, 2018 06:56 PM

Just found it. $ORACLE_HOME in $AUTOUSER/autosys.sh.* was not accurate. Changing it helped my get ORA-00942 and I know what needs to be done about it. Thank You Chandru for helping me out here.

Thank You

• 8.  Re: app server error while connecting to DB

Posted May 27, 2018 07:58 PM

Glad you figured. It was lookin at inappropriate tnsnames.ora then?

As for the UJOADMIN, see if the steps in the following document helps:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-workload-automation-ae/11-4-2/en/installing/ae-installation/reintroduce-the-ujoadmin-role-privi… 

Cheers,

Chandru

• 9.  Re: app server error while connecting to DB

Posted May 28, 2018 03:25 PM

Yes, I updated all the env. files except $AUTOUSER/autosys.sh.*  and $AUTOUSER/autosys.csh.* looking into the startup scripts I figured out they were using $AUTOUSER/autosys.sh.* to update environment variables. So updating these files worked. Thank You for sharing UJOADMIN fix. 

Thank You.