CA Service Management

• 1.  Most simple way to enable support automation

Posted May 28, 2018 06:19 PM

We have a running instance of SDM 14.1. I'm currently following the documentation in order to enable support automation. I thought everything was done according to the configuration docs, but I realized first I need to enable de support automation application. As far as I've seen, I need to use pdm_configure. But, there doesn't seem to be a way to run it in a way that adds the missing feature, but instead I need to go through all the configuration steps, like it was a new install. Is there some documentation which describes how to do this modification with the least possible risk to all the current configuration? I found a video on CAs YouTube channel but it assumes you already got to the screen in pdm_configure where support automation is configured.

Is there some way to add support automation features without going throught the full configure process?

Best regards

• 2.  Re: Most simple way to enable support automation
    Best Answer

Posted May 29, 2018 02:12 AM

I do believe that the pdm_configure will be the safest road there anyway.

As usual make sure you fully backup your mdb and your NX.env before any..

My 2 cents

/J

• 3.  Re: Most simple way to enable support automation

Posted May 29, 2018 05:48 PM

Thanks Jerome, pdm_configure was really easy to do.  Still, seems dangerous, but on a test environment there was no big deal.