DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  OpenShift Monitoring

Posted May 29, 2018 03:25 AM

Hi,

We have Spectrum and UIM(Nimsoft) and need to monitor the OpenShift Environment. I found "OpenShift Monitoring - CA Technologies" on the webpage. Is this a separate tool that I can use / integrate with our present tools?

/Roberth

• 2.  Re: OpenShift Monitoring
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 29, 2018 08:40 AM

This is an agent 'add-on' to the new CA APM 10.7 Infrastructure Agent, so it's not a separate tool.

If you want a probe for UIM, please ask over in the Infrastructure Management community.

• 3.  Re: OpenShift Monitoring

Posted May 30, 2018 01:47 AM

So you're say'in that a probe for UIM would get me the visability into Openshift env as presented in "OpenShift Monitoring - CA Technologie"  ?

/Roberth

• 4.  Re: OpenShift Monitoring

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 30, 2018 09:15 AM

Robert:

Please post in the Infrastructure Mgt group for all UIM questions. This is an APM group

• 5.  Re: OpenShift Monitoring

Posted May 31, 2018 02:24 AM

But the question is about "OpenShift Monitoring - CA Technologies", which is a APM product - at least your webpage say so.

• 6.  Re: OpenShift Monitoring

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 31, 2018 02:40 AM

Hello Robert,

Yes APM has an Openshift Monitor as one of it's options but that is not a standalone product - it would require the APM Enterprise Manager to be installed as well for it to report to. APM Enterprise Manager can send alerts to Spectrum via SNMP so you can be notified of any situations tat fall outside defined limits that the Openshift monitor reports.

I hope this clarifies. But if you want an Openshift monitor probe for UIM then you would need to ask in that group.

Mike