Clarity

• 1.  Unable to Change Assignments FINISH DATE

Posted May 29, 2018 07:05 AM

One of the most common topic, and I am still unable to understand - maybe, I am having a brain-fade - am unable to get this to work

For one of the projects, I am unable to change the Finish Date of the assignments

The ones in red are the ones that were before, and the ones in black are the ones that I need to change them to

For the completed ones, I put 1 on the ETC, and then change the date, but this is what happened (see the Finish Date in the last row)

If I change the loading pattern for the last one to Back, and put 0 in ETC it changes to 4/4/18 (with status - COMPLETED)

Is it possible to get the dates required?

Regards

NJ

• 2.  Re: Unable to Change Assignments FINISH DATE

Posted May 29, 2018 08:02 AM

Hi NJ,

Try changing it to a Fixed loading pattern and re-check if it works or still not.

Regards,

Suhail.

• 3.  Re: Unable to Change Assignments FINISH DATE

Posted May 29, 2018 04:42 PM

If the Act Thru is 4/7/18 I do not think you can put the finish date before that. If you increase the ETC from 0 to 1 that has to go on the next day without actuals - in this case 4/8/18.

You might want to use OWB and use a view with tabulated assignment daily actuals and ETC.to get an illustration of the situation.

• 4.  Re: Unable to Change Assignments FINISH DATE

Posted May 31, 2018 10:52 AM

That's exactly what it's doing

Regards

NJ

• 5.  Re: Unable to Change Assignments FINISH DATE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 30, 2018 09:28 PM

Are there actuals on the assignment? If not, you can try removing and readding the assignment, which is one option in: How to change the Task Finish Date to a date prior - CA Knowledge

• 6.  Re: Unable to Change Assignments FINISH DATE

Posted May 31, 2018 10:50 AM

Yes, Kristin, there are actuals on some assignments

• 7.  Re: Unable to Change Assignments FINISH DATE

Posted May 31, 2018 05:48 PM

Come'n now: Are you trying the set the finish date prior to the date of that last actuals (actuals thru date)?

• 8.  Re: Unable to Change Assignments FINISH DATE

Posted Jun 04, 2018 10:55 AM
      |   view attached

• 9.  Re: Unable to Change Assignments FINISH DATE

Posted Jun 04, 2018 12:53 PM

OK, sounds like you are not trying to  set the finish date prior to the date of that last actuals, but just before the actuals thru date on that particular assignment.

With or without actuals tabulated ETC and actuals assignment view makes it easy to do in OWB.