Clarity

• 1.  Retrieve Kanban column structure and task arrangement from template project

Posted May 29, 2018 08:06 AM

Hi Team,

When creating a Kanban in a project, when I change the project to a template, the Kanban column and task arrangement are not inherited from the template. Is there a parameter somewhere to have the Kanban task structure inherited ?

Thanks,

Best regards,

JB

• 2.  Re: Retrieve Kanban column structure and task arrangement from template project

Posted May 29, 2018 08:49 AM

Hi Jean,

Are there any default values present within the Project object for these fields? If yes, then it may be over-ridden with your values present in the Project Template.

Regards,

Suhail.

• 3.  Re: Retrieve Kanban column structure and task arrangement from template project

Posted May 29, 2018 12:34 PM

Hi Sayed,

Yes there are. I have created a project and organized all task. Then updates the settings to have it as a template and when I create a project for this template. the WBS is inherited but not the kanban

• 4.  Re: Retrieve Kanban column structure and task arrangement from template project
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 01, 2018 11:04 PM

Hi Jean,

I checked and carrying over Kanban board task structure or Kanban column changes from a project template to a project is not currently available but could be something submitted as an idea. There are some project customizations available by using Blueprints, but task configuration isn't currently included. 

Here's what I found could be copied from a template as per: https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-4/en/using/getting-started-with-the-ca-ppm-new-user-experience/new-user-experience-manag… 

• Task hierarchy: A two-level hierarchy where child tasks and milestones are grouped under phases.
    • Roles: After adding a team member to the project that matches a role, you can remove the role.
    • Financial plans: Both detailed and summary financial plans are copied. 

Also, column structure is specific to the current project, so this doesn't carry over from the template to a project. The changes to columns would have to be made on each project. 

Regards,

Kristin Schroer