Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all

Is it possible to see the Portfolio Timeline view with an Initiative filter applied and then only see Milestones displayed that correlate to Features that roll up to that Initiative?

• 1.  Is it possible to see the Portfolio Timeline view with an Initiative filter applied and then only see Milestones displayed that correlate to Features that roll up to that Initiative?

Posted May 29, 2018 10:09 AM
    We would like the ability to see Initiative progress per Milestone. Very similar to the view that exists on the Portfolio Timeline ... but the only problem with that is when we view it, we see all other Milestones in the work space displayed. Is it possible to see the Portfolio Timeline view with an Initiative filter applied and then only see Milestones displayed that correlate to Features that roll up to that Initiative? (instead of all Milestones?) As it is right now we have all of the data but no way to see a sequence of Milestones and the progress against them for a single Initiative...the Portfolio Timeline is perfect but unfortunately it is crowded with Milestones that do not apply. There are many dashboard Rally provides that allow us to deep dive into a single Milestone but what we need is the bird's eye view across them for a particular project.

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to see the Portfolio Timeline view with an Initiative filter applied and then only see Milestones displayed that correlate to Features that roll up to that Initiative?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 30, 2018 04:46 AM

Hi Tania,

Unfortunately, you can't filter the Milestones by Portfolio Item on the Timeline. They will still be displayed based on their date. You can uncheck the "Show Workspace Scoped Milestones" to hide the milestones that are scoped to the entire workspace. You can also filter the items being displayed to specific milestones. You can do this through the filter option built into the page. I don't think either of these options is exactly what you are looking for though, and I'm sorry that I couldn't find one that better meets your needs.