CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Xtraction- Duplication of tickets showing

• 1.  Xtraction- Duplication of tickets showing

Posted May 30, 2018 05:59 AM

Hi Xtraction Team

We have added Previous Group field datamodel.bat file for Incident dashboard reporting. But after adding this column in dashboard profile. There is a duplication of tickets. See below. The field is showing previous group But same ticket is showing multiple times. if we remove this field than there is no duplication.

For your information. I have added  previous group field in datamodel as below.

The expression is below:

(
    SELECT SUBSTRING(SUBSTRING(act.action_desc,CHARINDEX('Transfer Group from',act.action_desc)+20,
    (CHARINDEX('to ',act.action_desc)-CHARINDEX('Transfer Group from',act.action_desc)-20)),2,LEN(SUBSTRING(act.action_desc,CHARINDEX('Transfer Group from',act.action_desc)+20,
    (CHARINDEX('to ',act.action_desc)-CHARINDEX('Transfer Group from',act.action_desc)-20)))-2)
    as previous_group FROM dbo.act_log act

INNER JOIN
    (
    Select call_req_id as crid, MAX(last_mod_dt) as dt2 from dbo.act_log WHERE type = 'TR' and action_desc LIKE 'Transfer Group from%' group by call_req_id
    ) as act2

on act.call_req_id = act2.crid
    and act.last_mod_dt = act2.dt2

WHERE act.type = 'TR' and act.action_desc LIKE 'Transfer Group from%' and act.call_req_id = ACTIVITY_LOG.CALL_REQ_ID )

Please Advise how to resolve duplication issue?

• 2.  Re: Xtraction- Duplication of tickets showing

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 30, 2018 08:00 AM

Asim.......

What version of Xtraction is being used?

You might need to open a CA Support case so that the Xtraction Support team from Ivanti can be consulted.

• 3.  Re: Xtraction- Duplication of tickets showing
    Best Answer

Posted May 30, 2018 09:33 AM

I wouldn't bother contacting Ivanti as they won't help with CA SDM SQL statements.

You can try moving this query to the REQUEST object with the following expression (I only modified the last where clause).

(
    SELECT SUBSTRING(SUBSTRING(act.action_desc,CHARINDEX('Transfer Group from',act.action_desc)+20,
    (CHARINDEX('to ',act.action_desc)-CHARINDEX('Transfer Group from',act.action_desc)-20)),2,LEN(SUBSTRING(act.action_desc,CHARINDEX('Transfer Group from',act.action_desc)+20,
    (CHARINDEX('to ',act.action_desc)-CHARINDEX('Transfer Group from',act.action_desc)-20)))-2) 
    as previous_group FROM dbo.act_log act

INNER JOIN 
    (
    Select call_req_id as crid, MAX(last_mod_dt) as dt2 from dbo.act_log WHERE type = 'TR' and action_desc LIKE 'Transfer Group from%' group by call_req_id
    ) as act2

on act.call_req_id = act2.crid
    and act.last_mod_dt = act2.dt2

WHERE act.type = 'TR' and act.action_desc LIKE 'Transfer Group from%' and act.call_req_id = REQUEST.PERSID )

• 4.  Re: Xtraction- Duplication of tickets showing

Posted May 30, 2018 09:37 AM

Additional note.. Whenever you add an act_log column to the request list you are joining the outputs for both tables. Which is the reason you see duplicates, you have a row for each activity log for each ticket. To get around this you can use sub-queries, but those can get complicated..

• 5.  Re: Xtraction- Duplication of tickets showing

Posted May 31, 2018 02:08 AM

HI Grant

i have updated the expression to this as you said ....act.call_req_id = REQUEST.PERSID but still after reload datamodel. i can see duplication.

• 6.  Re: Xtraction- Duplication of tickets showing

Posted May 31, 2018 07:58 AM

Hi,

Please perform the following if you haven't already.

• Remove Previous Group from your report and File Save
    • Uncheck the Active flag on the PREVIOUS_GROUP attribute in ACTIVITY_LOG
    • Make sure PREVIOUS_GROUP is added to the REQUEST object and marked as active
    • Save the data model
    • Clear your browser cache
    • Reload the data model in Xtraction web UI
    • Add Previous Group back to the report

• 7.  Re: Xtraction- Duplication of tickets showing

Posted May 31, 2018 11:32 AM

HI Grant

Please Note that  previous group field is is under incident object (as we required for incident only)& not request object.

still  where clause will be this as you modified??? act.call_req_id = REQUEST.PERSID

please confirm

• 8.  Re: Xtraction- Duplication of tickets showing

Posted May 31, 2018 11:38 AM

Hi,

My Incident data source has the REQUEST table. If your data model is configured the same then yes, the where clause is correct.

• 9.  Re: Xtraction- Duplication of tickets showing

Posted May 31, 2018 11:41 AM

Please look my screenshots above. Im edit in datasoucre--> servicedes--->views-->indents-->tables-->activity_log

expression is correct  then?>

• 10.  Re: Xtraction- Duplication of tickets showing

Posted May 31, 2018 11:51 AM

No, you shouldn't place this in activity_log. Instead place it in:

datasoucre--> servicedes--->views-->indents-->tables-->request

• 11.  Re: Xtraction- Duplication of tickets showing

Posted Jun 01, 2018 04:40 AM

THankyou Grant. Issue resolved. One thing also wanted to ask...which i will ask in another thread.