DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Dirscan probe

Posted May 29, 2018 11:25 PM

Hello CA expert,

I would like to know if there is any other way that I can use suppression keys on the DIRSCAN probe to make the alarm message stack on each other. 

Remark: I do not need 0 byte file alarm every minute. But I will need to check on the status of the system. 

Regards & Thanks you. 

• 2.  Re: Dirscan probe

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 30, 2018 06:19 AM

Hello. Thank you for post.

Would you please describe more details what challenge you are facing with current suppression key assignment for dirscan probe alerts ?

• 3.  Re: Dirscan probe

Posted May 30, 2018 09:34 PM

Hello. 

My current challenge is that I am receiving the alarm every minute once the suppression key is changes. However, I am unable to find where to edit the suppression key.

Thank you. 

• 4.  Re: Dirscan probe

Posted May 30, 2018 08:21 AM

Basically, the suppression key serves that purpose. Same suppression keys are stacked together. If the key contains a difference, it generates another alarm. If you integrate variables in the suppression_key (find them typing "$" in the suppression key field to trigger the auto-completion mechanism) it could help to achieve what you want maybe?

If you provide more details, we could be able to help you further...

• 5.  Re: Dirscan probe

Posted May 30, 2018 09:32 PM

Hello. 

Thank for your reply. However, I could not find where to edit the suppression key.

What I understand is that the suppression key will keep on change and alarm will trigger once they detect the suppression key. 

• 6.  Re: Dirscan probe

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 30, 2018 10:05 PM

Hi ,

What is changing in the alarm message that you are getting different alarm ?

You can check the message pool manager menu in dirscan and modify the message variables for a particular message .

Can use $ to get the message variables available 

• 7.  Re: Dirscan probe

Posted May 30, 2018 11:19 PM

Hi.

Thank for the response. 

Is there a way to change the suppression key for the message tokens?

• 8.  Re: Dirscan probe

Posted Jun 01, 2018 12:35 PM

Hong,

dirscan does not have a provision to change the suppression key.