Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Folder Structure is not preserved while migrating through GMU

Posted May 30, 2018 09:44 AM

Hi Folks,

I have been looking in strange case where most of the encapsulated assertion is created as it is while migration through GMU in defined folder structure but few of the Encapsulated Assertion or Policy fragment is created in the Gateway root folder. These Encapsulated assertion are referenced in some of the policies and services. 

For Eg : I have folder structure as mentioned below and encap1 is referenced in service1 and encap2 is referenced in service2 , similarly encap3 is referenced in service3 and encap4 is referenced in service4

Gateway root

-Folder1

-services folder 

-service1

-service2

-encap assertion folder

-encap1

-encap2

-Folder2

-services folder

-services3

-service4

-encap assertion folder

-encap3

-encap4

When i have completed the migration from one environment to other, few of the encapsulated assertion is create in the gateway root folder. even i looked at the mapping and dependencies folder, these encapsulated assertion are there in their respective folders.

How do i retain the folder structure and all the policies / services/ encapsulated assertion/policy fragment should be present in the respective folder.

Note : I am doing migration for the first time in this gateway and using directory structure while doing the migration, not using single xml file while migration.

• 2.  Re: Folder Structure is not preserved while migrating through GMU
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 30, 2018 07:38 PM

Dear chagr04 ,

You need to migrate multiple folders at the same time to keep the folder structure. (ensure all dependent policy/encap are under those folders)

Furthermore, if you want to migrate encap, you will need the encassAsPolicyDependency flag, otherwise, only the policy of encap is exported.

for example, MAG and OTK are dependent to each other, migrateOut them individually will put the dependent encap/policy under root folder, therefore we need to migrateOut the 2 folders altogether,

./GatewayMigrationUtility.sh migrateOut --argFile gw92arg.txt --encassAsPolicyDependency --dest OTK_MAG.xml --folderName /OTK --folderName /MAG

Regards,

Mark