Clarity

• 1.  how can I add the server details to a notification email body

Posted May 30, 2018 11:14 AM

Users are getting confused when receiving notifications. We have 2 environments. I need to differentiate between the 2 environments. I would like to include the server's details to the notification body. 

what tables has the server details (server name, hostname, alias, etc ...)?

• 2.  Re: how can I add the server details to a notification email body

Posted May 30, 2018 11:24 AM

Could you not just amend the notification templates in the different systems to make it clear?

• 3.  Re: how can I add the server details to a notification email body

Posted May 30, 2018 11:36 AM

we refresh the database from production very often. Someone has to make the change after each refresh. It makes it hard on the long run to keep track of the changes.

• 4.  Re: how can I add the server details to a notification email body

Posted May 30, 2018 11:57 AM

Well the "system details" are only (to my knowledge) in the CMN_CONFIG table which is a system internal table so unlikely that you can "automate" it into a notification at all.

I'd try to have a (small) set of admin actions that you do when you refresh your system (such as changing the UI theme to differentiate systems) and include steps to amend notifications in there - not sure if we can XOG notification templates (or use content packages) though so it might have to be a manual admin action each time. (I realise that is what you are trying to avoid, but not sure there is a way).