DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  business transaction import export

Posted May 31, 2018 04:38 AM

I am in the process of upgrading APM from 10.5.2 to 10.7

The CEM postgres DB has too much redundant information.

I have read the following documentation which is now out dated:

CA Tuesday Tip: APM CE Backup, Config and Business Transaction Export 

I have used  /database-scripts/unix/configexport.sh to try backup only the configuration but found data from 2014 in table ts_user_logins_map which takes 3 to 4 days to run

If someone can point me in the correct direction of what tables to drop so i have a clean DB with only the business transaction for CEM I would be grateful

Regards Dave

• 2.  Re: business transaction import export
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 31, 2018 08:27 AM

Dear Dave:

Sometime back Engineering and I partnered on a document on database maintenance -- Database Maintenance 

Deleting db tables can cause issues due to all the links to other tables. (Example, try to delete a user and see all of the tables that are touched.) 

A manual but an overall faster approach is the one that I outlined in the above article

Create screenshots of the the configuration and Business Services. Do a BT export . Then create the config based on the screenshots, create the business service, import the bt. Then you won't have any "db bloat." if the import is successful. (Could test first). 

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: business transaction import export

Posted Jun 04, 2018 01:33 AM

I will follow recommendations and report back

Dave

• 4.  Re: business transaction import export

Posted Jun 12, 2018 03:31 AM

I have followed DB maintenance document which has cleaned out a good amount of the statistical data in the DB

There are however 2 tables that are still bloated

ts_params takes hours to backup

ts_user_logins_map takes days and I have never completed a configexport.sh  export as it takes longer than 5 days to backup this table

Going forward I will investigate finding a way to back up the business applications and services. Installing a new database and importing the backed up data.

Dave

• 5.  Re: business transaction import export

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 12, 2018 03:49 AM

Hello Dave

As Hal says there is  an option available  on CEM  to export the Bossiness application . Select all the Business application and check the right side you will get the import and export option . But it will only export the

configuration not the transaction data  or the defect .

APM documentation have  the CEM DB back  and restoration steps you may follow that .

Hope , this will help you

Thanks

Olympia

• 6.  Re: business transaction import export

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 12, 2018 04:05 AM

This is now being worked as a support case - I will report back solution once completed

cheers

Mike