CA Service Management

• 1.  Go button search customer by last name

Posted Jun 01, 2018 12:28 PM

When we use the "Go" button to search for a customer by last name and the result is a single contact, the left side with the profile menu options populates the top column header with the contact name, however, the right side with the contact list gives an "AHD4610: There are no Contact records matching "***". Please modify selection criteria."  error message.  Has anyone else seen this behavior in SDM 17.1?

• 2.  Re: Go button search customer by last name

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 01, 2018 12:37 PM

Interesting - I'm not able to replicate this in my 17.1 environment. I have a contact called "last, first", and searching User by Name for just "last" properly returns that contact in both panes. The only time I see that AHD04610 error is if I search for a name that doesn't exist like "lastname", but in that case nothing is displayed on the left pane, and no results appear in the right pane. By chance, have you made any modifications to either profile_menu.htmpl or list_cnt.htmpl? If you open up the search filter with the Show Filter button, do you see any unusual constraints under the Additional Search Arguments field?

• 3.  Re: Go button search customer by last name

Posted Jun 01, 2018 01:07 PM

It appears this only happens if the last name is hyphenated and the portion before the hyphen is unique.  

• 4.  Re: Go button search customer by last name

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 01, 2018 01:53 PM

Kevin, if you verify this is not due to some customization, I think you can open a Support case to see what happens. Thanks _Chi

• 5.  Re: Go button search customer by last name

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 04, 2018 01:42 PM

Kevin........

Did you end up opening a CA Support case for this behavior?

If so, would appreciate if you could provide the CA Support case #.

• 6.  Re: Go button search customer by last name

Posted Jun 04, 2018 02:21 PM

I did open an issue.  It is 1105246.