Clarity

• 1.  Adding up TimeSheet Time Entries--Missing a Day

Posted Jun 01, 2018 04:01 PM

Good Day Community,

I am working on a reporting concept where we want to add up time entries by our team members.  I have this written and validate; mostly. 

During my validation I found an anomaly where I am not capturing hours captured on Sunday (the first day of the time period).  I believe I have this issue narrowed down to the TimeSlice.  Looking at both the individual and time week in question, I can see all of this persons entries for the period except those entered on Sunday.  In examining the TimeSlice  table and looking at the prj ids for the elements in this person’s timecard (as below) I find that there is not a timeslice for the day of Sunday, 2 July 2017.  However, as mentioned, every other input for the week on the timecard can be accounted for.

SELECT *

FROM ppm_app.NIKU.PRJ_BLB_SLICES

WHERE SLICE_DATE = '2017-07-02' AND PRJ_OBJECT_ID IN (7983034, 7983031,7983040,7983039)

My question to the community is what would cause this?  Is it how we create the timeslicing?  Is it the way we set up our Timesheets?—Sunday is defined as a non-work day.  Is it something else?

I look forward to hearing from the community on this?  If there is additional information I should provide to help us to a solution, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Michael.

• 2.  Re: Adding up TimeSheet Time Entries--Missing a Day

Posted Jun 01, 2018 05:29 PM

I have been researching, deeper I think, and I would like to add to this.  In looking at the slices I can see the information for the two PRIDs in question.  I notice that their indiviual PRMODTime values are on 7/7/2017 (5 days later) than the dates (7/2/2017) that I am looking for.  Is it possible that the member entering their time card entered the values into their timesheet (the Sunday values) I am looking for after this date (assuming it is the slice creation/update) and that is why I am not seeing the values in my query?  If so, is there a method to go back and correct for this (update the time slicing?)

Thank you. 

Michael.

• 3.  Re: Adding up TimeSheet Time Entries--Missing a Day
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 04, 2018 09:20 AM

I'm assuming you are looking at the DAILYRESOURCETIMECURVE (5555).  If the From Date for that slice is 7/3/17, that would explain why you weren't seeing data from 7/2/17.  You would need to push back the From Date to include that date.  Be very judicious about how far back you push the From Date for that curve as that slice can contain a ton of data.