CA Service Management

• 1.  How can I give contact types customer and employee role HTML editor functions in Knowledge document

Posted Jun 02, 2018 10:17 PM

How can I give contact types customer and employee role HTML editor functions in Knowledge document

• 2.  Re: How can I give contact types customer and employee role HTML editor functions in Knowledge document

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 04, 2018 11:36 AM

Guan.......

Have you given the Customer and Employee Roles Functional Access via their Access Type/Role to Modify KT documents?

• 3.  Re: How can I give contact types customer and employee role HTML editor functions in Knowledge document

Posted Jun 08, 2018 09:25 AM

Hi Paul,

Yes functional role access is employee for employee.

Regards

Guan Hua

• 4.  Re: How can I give contact types customer and employee role HTML editor functions in Knowledge document

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 08, 2018 10:27 AM

You will need to grant the role MODIFY rights on the Knowledge Document functions.

• 5.  Re: How can I give contact types customer and employee role HTML editor functions in Knowledge document

Posted Jun 08, 2018 06:21 PM

Hi Paul,

The Functional Access via their Access Type/Role to Modify KT documents is Modify by default. Still HTML editor functions is not visible.

• 6.  Re: How can I give contact types customer and employee role HTML editor functions in Knowledge document
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 08, 2018 11:22 AM

Guan Hua, it would need customization for that. I am curious why you would like customers to modify your kt docs? Thanks _Chi

• 7.  Re: How can I give contact types customer and employee role HTML editor functions in Knowledge document

Posted Jun 08, 2018 06:38 PM

Hi Chi,

It is just a request of no multiple role for each contacts by the requester.

Employee, customer contacts might be accessing the service desk and contributing to the KD directly.

Want to give employee, customer contacts HTML editor function so KD resolution structure can be format by them.

Reagrds

Guan Hua