Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

Can we read emails from exchange server using DevTest outof box feature

• 1.  Can we read emails from exchange server using DevTest outof box feature

Posted Jun 04, 2018 03:43 AM

Hi All, Joel_NesmithMarcyNunns

I have a requirement where in, VS will be sending email and provider system will send Acknowledgement. I have to check whether provider system responds to all my emails or not.. Kindly assist me. 

Thanks,

Narasimha.

• 2.  Re: Can we read emails from exchange server using DevTest outof box feature

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 04, 2018 09:37 AM

As far as I know,  out of the box  DevTest does not support this feature.  May be customization is possible but  I can check.  

• 3.  Re: Can we read emails from exchange server using DevTest outof box feature

Posted Jun 04, 2018 07:13 PM

Thanks Shiney Abraham

• 4.  Re: Can we read emails from exchange server using DevTest outof box feature
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 04, 2018 05:18 PM

++abrsh01.

I have not seen this feature OOTB because DevTest does not have an email client step per se. 

Assumption / Thinking Out Loud:

It would be possible to build a set of custom classes that could be called from a JSR-223 step. The class(es) would connect to the mail server with a certain credential, access the Inbox where the provider sends responses, sort the messages in the inbox, and somehow evaluate each one to determine if the email contains some type of property indicating a linkage to the original mail sent by the system.  Perhaps, you could determine a linkage on the basis of a value placed by the test in the Subject Line. The provider includes this value in the response Subject Line. Perhaps the Subject Line value could be written to the persistent model map and used to check responses. 

• 5.  Re: Can we read emails from exchange server using DevTest outof box feature

Posted Jun 04, 2018 07:14 PM

Thanks Joel.