Clarity

• 1.  Purge Financial Tables does not zero out Actuals

Posted Jun 04, 2018 03:56 AM

I have a project which had no timesheet actuals and had only transactions entered against it. I ran the "Purge Financials Tables" job to clear out the transactions but it didn't clear the Actuals on the assignment. I ran the Import Financials actuals job but it didn't zero out the actuals. 

Is this a defect? I mean, if the source of record (WIP) has been deleted, then it should zero out the actuals as well. 

Thanks,

Leo.

• 2.  Re: Purge Financial Tables does not zero out Actuals

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 04, 2018 07:40 PM

Hi Leo,

Have you met these pre requisite for the job to delete the financial data from the project

Requirements

• (Recommended) Back up all financial transactions before running this job.
    • Grant the Financial Maintenance - Financial Management access right.
    • Verify that the project has a status of "Closed" for the transactions you want to purge

https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-3/en/reference/ca-ppm-jobs-reference#CAPPMJobsReference-PurgeFinancialTablesJob 

Thanks,

Jerin   

• 3.  Re: Purge Financial Tables does not zero out Actuals

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 04, 2018 09:28 PM

Also, can you please confirm if the transactions have gone from the PPA_WIP table? 

Jerin

• 4.  Re: Purge Financial Tables does not zero out Actuals

Posted Jun 05, 2018 12:28 AM

The Transactions have been deleted from the PPA_WIP table but the PRASSIGNMENT table still shows the actuals. 

• 5.  Re: Purge Financial Tables does not zero out Actuals

Posted Jun 14, 2018 08:04 AM

I think you can use a delete="true" tag in the task XOG to remove tasks from the WBS.

This will clear out the specific entries from PRTASK and PRASSINGMENT tables, and since the actual hours are stored in a BLOB in the PRASSIGNMENT table, it will remove them.
    So, the steps are

• Deactivate the project(s) (Active unchecked, Financial Status: Closed, Open for Time Entry: unchecked)
    • Run the Purge Financial Tables Job (specify the individual project(s))
    • Use XOG with delete="true" to remove tasksReactivate the project(s) (Active checked, Financial Status: Open, Open for Time Entry: check or unchecked as needed)

• 6.  Re: Purge Financial Tables does not zero out Actuals

Posted Oct 18, 2018 05:43 PM

I agree that this seems like a bug, but another way to work around it is to just remove and re-add the task assignments from the application. Since the actuals have been deleted from PPA_WIP it will allow you to remove the task assignments on the project. This deletes the records from PRASSIGNMENT and when you add the assignments back  the actuals will be gone.