Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  RA FTP Agent and SSH Config

Posted Jun 05, 2018 04:57 PM

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the RA FTP Agent and SSH config settings?

I've been testing some changes in my environment but it seems that the RA FTP Agent is not picking up any SSH config changes that I make.

More specifically, I am looking to define a jump host for a specific endpoint. This works from the commandline on the Agent server using an sftp command.

Config if youre curious:

Host *************
    ProxyCommand /usr/bin/ssh -A -q XXXXXXXXXXX -W %h:%p 2>/dev/null

Notes:
    Config is in ssh folder for the user who starts the agent as well.
    Agent was restarted after the change
    RA FTP 3.1.5

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Michael

• 2.  Re: RA FTP Agent and SSH Config

Posted Jun 06, 2018 11:52 AM

afaik, ~/.ssh/config and it's non-user-specific friends in /etc are a convention of the OpenSSH client, not something that is inherent in any overarching SSH standard.

It would very much surprise me if the RA agent would adhere to the same convention, and consequently, it would surprise me very much if Automic were to parse and process the contents of these files at all.

Best regards,

Carsten

• 3.  Re: RA FTP Agent and SSH Config

Posted Jun 06, 2018 12:38 PM

Thanks for the input. This is kind of what I suspected but figured I would verify. Luckily this is only needed for a small process so I am already in the process of writing a job to leverage the openssh client.

• 4.  Re: RA FTP Agent and SSH Config

Posted Jun 07, 2018 02:58 AM

You're welcome.

For what it's worth, we make quite extensive use of command line ssh clients from Automic, so that's definetly a viable option. In fact, I prefer it over the RA agent.

Best,

Carsten