Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a way to import Test Case Results after the test case has already been created?

• 1.  Is there a way to import Test Case Results after the test case has already been created?

Posted Jun 06, 2018 08:42 AM

There is the ability to create a CSV file to import test cases into Rally that include initial test results of that test case.  However, I am not finding any documentation on how I would import additional results of test runs for already existent test cases.  When I am running through numerous tests in a given hour, the time required to search out the individual test cases and manually record the test results adds on a great amount of time to the documentation side of the process.  Is there a way to use the already existing import features to import these test results?  Most of the test cases are created ahead of time so that the actual testers can then just pick up the test case, execute and then report on it.

• 2.  Re: Is there a way to import Test Case Results after the test case has already been created?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 06, 2018 01:34 PM

Hi Jason.

Unfortunately I don't believe we have this capability.

Import and Export Data | CA Agile Central Help 

In that page, see where it says: "Existing work items are not overwritten, but instead are treated as new work items".

The imports we provide both from Agile Central as well as from the Excel Add-In do create new items, they're not really updating existing ones.

If anyone knows of a way - please reply and let us know.

My suggestion though is that you post is as an idea to a future feature request. You post it on our ideas site at: https://ideas.rallydev.com (if you have no username for that site then request one via email at: ac-ideas@ca.com ).

Thanks,

Sagi