CA Service Management

• 1.  Priority option is not available in transferring request

Posted Jun 06, 2018 12:20 AM

Hy People,

I am facing issue in changing priority while transferring ticket in CA SDM. When i transfer incident priority option is there to change priority but when i transfer request there is no priority option available. How can i change priority then?

What is the way to change it?

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Priority option is not available in transferring request

Posted Jun 06, 2018 02:58 AM

Hi,

I think that this is because the Call Requests are an older part of the product than the Incidents (Even though Incidents aren't new!). The ability to change the Priority was added when Incidents were added,but Call Requests don't have that.

I don't know if you can do much about this. You could customise the product . . . but unless I'm missing something, that "Transfer" page is not composed of one nice easy .HTML form to modify and add in a Priority field to.

On the other hand, how are you choosing the "Transfer" action? If you have access to the menu that gives "Transfer", then the user probably has access to the Priority and can change that before/after Transfer.

Kyle_R.

• 3.  Re: Priority option is not available in transferring request

Posted Jun 06, 2018 03:07 AM

I am using transfer button for transferring ticket but it didn’t have any priority button.

Is there any other way to do this?

• 4.  Re: Priority option is not available in transferring request

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 06, 2018 07:10 AM

Hi,

I have verified in house for both Incidents and Requests. As mentioned, there is option to update the priority on Incident Transfer detail page the same is not there on Request Transfer detail.

You might have to customize those page to add the priority update page on a transfer which might give you an option to update the priority for requests.

Its currently working as per the design

• 5.  Re: Priority option is not available in transferring request
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 06, 2018 07:22 AM

Hi,

I have gone through the htmpl code for xfer_esc_cr.htmpl

Update the below code

<PDM_IF "$args.type" == "I" || "$args.type" == "P">

<PDM_IF "$args.KEEP.auto_pri_cal" == true || "$args.KEEP.auto_pri_cal_mt" == true >

to

<PDM_IF "$args.type" == "I" || "$args.type" == "P" || "$args.type" == "R">

<PDM_IF "$args.KEEP.auto_pri_cal" == true || "$args.KEEP.auto_pri_cal_mt" == true >

Hope this should help.

Note: All the customizations have to be done in site/mods and not on home directory

• 6.  Re: Priority option is not available in transferring request

Posted Jun 12, 2018 04:09 AM

Thank you all for your prompt response.

It resolved my issue.