Symantec Access Management

• 1.  Replacing the logo in smpwebservices.fcc

Posted Jun 06, 2018 08:34 AM

I am trying to replace the CA logo in smpwebservices.fcc for win64 but the chnages do not reflect.

When i open the IIS under content view when I try to browse the smpwebservices.fcc file, I still see the CA logo.

I restarted IIS after the changes but still same logo.

Does it mean on the IIS is using a cached value? How do flush it if thats the case.

• 2.  Re: Replacing the logo in smpwebservices.fcc

Posted Jun 06, 2018 08:57 AM

Hi Dhawan Gaurav,

Are you referring "smpwservices.fcc" for Basic password policy ?

If your customized page is "smpwebservices.fcc" then did you refer this page under Admin UI>Policies>Password

Policies >Redirection URL

/siteminderagent/forms/smpwservices.fcc

Regards,

Leo Joseph.

• 3.  Re: Replacing the logo in smpwebservices.fcc

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 06, 2018 09:20 AM

If you have updated correct file as Leo mentioned, I would suggest to clearing your browser cache and give it a try ? 

• 4.  Re: Replacing the logo in smpwebservices.fcc

Posted Jun 06, 2018 09:35 AM

Strangely at my customer side when i Password services page opens its has the contents from the smpwebservices.fcc however the password policy redirect url points to a IM url. Thats another issue but if the page is being populated from the .fcc file I am expecting that I need to do the changes in the fcc file itself.

• 5.  Re: Replacing the logo in smpwebservices.fcc
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 06, 2018 12:42 PM

Starting R12.51 the WebAgent code assume Localization=YES by default, if it is not set within the ACO. Hence if it is not defined in ACO, then it is YES by default and WebAgent would load localized pages i.e. /forms_en-US/smpwservices_en-US.fcc

If we need WebAgent to load customized OR non localized fcc pages, then we need to add a ACO parameter explicitly and set it to NO. This will ensure WebAgent loads /forms/smpwservices.fcc

Check webagent trace log to verify which FCC page is called.

• 6.  Re: Replacing the logo in smpwebservices.fcc

Posted Jun 08, 2018 04:20 AM

Yes i found out from the trace log it was using the smpwservices_en-US.fcc and after making the changes here, it got refelcted on the page. Previously I was just using the page soucre and inpect element to view tthe file name which was showing smpwservices.fcc and making chnages there were not updating the page.

Thanks for the inputs.