DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Add custom report with subreport to CABI

Posted Jun 06, 2018 05:33 AM

I have created a customer repoort with subreport in Jaspersoft Studio, it works in the studio as expected. Now I am trying to add this report to CABI Jasper Server (unbundeled version), but with no success.

In the past there were documents, describing the neccessary steps using iReport, but there is nothing for Jaspersoft Studio - can somebody help me?

It seems not to be able to find my subreport, but I have no idea how to create it in the Jasper Server correctly.

Many thanks

Richard 

• 2.  Re: Add custom report with subreport to CABI

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 06, 2018 06:21 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Richard,

This attached doc might give some help although the example doesn't have a subreport.

I think I would try to copy the setup of another report which has a subreport. 

One I found in UIM is the Nutanix Host Count report.

hope this helps

cheers

• 3.  Re: Add custom report with subreport to CABI

Posted Jun 06, 2018 06:31 AM

Thanks Rowan!

• 4.  Re: Add custom report with subreport to CABI

Posted Jun 06, 2018 06:22 AM

Hello rschiller2,

How is configured the subreport expression and the connection expression?
           And where on your repository tour sub report is?
           And on Jasperserver when vou run the report apears any error? Or just blank?

Regards

• 5.  Re: Add custom report with subreport to CABI

Posted Jun 06, 2018 06:30 AM

Thanks all for the answers, I finaly figured it out.
    The trick is to hit the "Publish Report to Jaspersof Server" button, not to do "Create...". Then it resolves the subreport link and adds it with the main report to Jasper Server. The only problem with this method is, if you want to use the subreport in other reports, no idea how I would do that, because this was it belongs only to the main report.

But for the moment it is enough for me.

Richard