Rally Software

• 1.  Is there a way we can copy feature and its child user stories to make a new feature?

Posted Jun 06, 2018 07:48 AM

I know we can copy features using deep copy but that  is not copying its children(user stories)  and we need to copy the user stories again.

If we have a way to copy fetaures along with all the user stories under it, then it will be greatly helpful. Please let me know if anybody know answer to this.

Thanks

Siva Reddy

• 2.  Re: Is there a way we can copy feature and its child user stories to make a new feature?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 06, 2018 12:43 PM

Hi Siva,

Portfolio Item Deep Copy will help you copy Stories and Tasks along with Features. Follow the below steps using the app:

Ensure you put the below copy application in full-screen mode (arrows on the right side of the title bar) before you start the process so you see the list of work items properly.

Ensure you are in the project from which you want to copy (the current project) when you execute the deep copy.

Ensure you have at least Editor access to both the current and target projects otherwise the copy will fail.

Once you select the work item to copy, it will take a couple seconds for the copy button to become active. Then you can press it.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Priyanka

• 3.  Re: Is there a way we can copy feature and its child user stories to make a new feature?

Posted Jun 06, 2018 05:18 PM

Priyanka,

Thanks for your reply but I am not able to follow them. Will you be able to send me screenshots of steps please?

First step itself I didn't quite get it

Ensure you put the below copy application in full-screen mode (arrows on the right side of the title bar) before you start the process so you see the list of work items properly.?