Service Virtualization

• 1.  Skip tests during runtime

Posted Jun 06, 2018 10:14 PM

Hi,

I am looking for a way to skip tests during runtime execution, based on a test data value. Is there a way to do this?

Eg: For a test run I might not want to execute a few tests within a test suite. I don't want to change the test suite but use a parameter/test data value during test execution to decide whether to execute or skip a test.

Thank you,

Amruta

• 2.  Re: Skip tests during runtime

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 07, 2018 06:44 PM

I don't think there is out of the box feature for this.  I will research and let you know. 

• 3.  Re: Skip tests during runtime
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 08, 2018 07:23 AM

I would agree there is no OOTB feature. I have seen situations where customers use Excel spreadsheets or CSV files having a column with an indicator to execute the test of not. But, each test case would need to implement a check to determine if it is supposed to execute.

• 4.  Re: Skip tests during runtime

Posted Jun 11, 2018 08:19 PM

Thanks Shiney!

Hi Joel,

Thank you for your suggestion. I am already using an excel sheet to do this check. This however creates another problem which is that the test still gets counted in the total tests executed/passed. Do you know if there is a way to exclude the test from being counted (to mimic the true functionality of a skipped test)

Thanks,

Amruta 

• 5.  Re: Skip tests during runtime

Posted Jun 12, 2018 08:04 AM

No, sorry. I do not know of a way to 'turn off' reporting that a test case does not want to participate in the reporting counts.

• 6.  Re: Skip tests during runtime

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 12, 2018 09:52 AM

I am not sure how much it can help you but still want to share. How about moving the test to a Subprocess? You can test the value in another step in the main test case and call subprocess if needed.