Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Jaspersoft Installation giving error : Failed to create a keystore and a key

• 1.  Jaspersoft Installation giving error : Failed to create a keystore and a key

Posted Jun 07, 2018 03:52 AM

When I am trying to install jaspersoft on windows server it giving me below error after confirming settings:

E:\jaspersoft642\buildomatic>echo off
    Buildfile: E:\jaspersoft642\buildomatic\build.xml
         [echo] Filtering properties (cleaning out blank spaces)
    [create-ks] Failed to create a keystore and a key

BUILD FAILED
    E:\jaspersoft642\buildomatic\build.xml:61: The following error occurred while ex
    ecuting this line:
    E:\jaspersoft642\buildomatic\bin\setup.xml:320: Keystore may have been tempered
    with.

Total time: 1 second
    Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Duser.home=H:\AppData.W7\Sun

BUILD FAILED
    E:\jaspersoft642\install.xml:289: The following error occurred while executing t
    his line:
    E:\jaspersoft642\install.xml:989: The following error occurred while executing t
    his line:
    E:\jaspersoft642\install.xml:795: The following error occurred while executing t
    his line:
    E:\jaspersoft642\install.xml:1770: ERROR: Error during running this ant target @
    {arg}
                                                  For more details, please check E:\
    jaspersoft642/install.log file

Total time: 1 minute 26 seconds
    Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Duser.home=H:\AppData.W7\Sun
    DONE

The above error was not there when i have done installation previously with Administrator as user.

This time I am using AdministratorRenamed as user which is having full administrative prevledges.

Note: I have done fresh java8 installation and  tomcat/jaspersoft folder extraction.

Can you please let me know what could be the reason for build failure?

Thank you.

• 2.  Re: Jaspersoft Installation giving error : Failed to create a keystore and a key

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 07, 2018 04:20 AM

Hi Amruta,

The problem is with your Java_Home, JAVA_OPTIONS: -Duser.home=H:\AppData.W7\Sun. Please set the java patch correctly and you should be able to over come

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 3.  Re: Jaspersoft Installation giving error : Failed to create a keystore and a key

Posted Jun 07, 2018 04:44 AM

Suman, Thanks for your reply.

I have set the JAVA_HOME as C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_152

and _JAVA_OPTIONS is set to -Duser.home=H:\AppData.W7\Sun (existing, i have not done any changes) .

Can you please let me know what is wrong with this?

Can you eloborate more on setting the java patch correctly?

Thank you.

• 4.  Re: Jaspersoft Installation giving error : Failed to create a keystore and a key

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 07, 2018 04:59 AM

Hi Amruta

Java is sensitive to space, can you install Java in C:\Java and give a try. You will also need to set the JRE. and you need to set the same into the Path variable also

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 5.  Re: Jaspersoft Installation giving error : Failed to create a keystore and a key

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 07, 2018 04:48 AM

Hi Amruta,

Could you please make sure that the JAVA Environment Variables are set correctly.

Before invoking the install command check the whether JAVA_HOME is set correctly and check the Patch Variables are updated,

In the windows command prompt enter the command 

echo %JAVA_HOME%

echo %PATH%

And verify the above command results  are pointing to the correct java installation paths.

If you see any discrepancies update the Environment Variables and invoke the Jaspersoft Installation.

-Arun  

• 6.  Re: Jaspersoft Installation giving error : Failed to create a keystore and a key

Posted Jun 07, 2018 05:51 AM

@suman/Arun

I have installed Java again with shorter path (without space indirectory) and set all java variables.

PFB the values:

C:\Users\Administrator>echo %JAVA_HOME%
    C:\Java\jdk1.8.0_152

C:\Users\Administrator>echo %JRE_HOME%
    C:\Java\jre8

C:\Users\Administrator>echo %PATH%
    C:\Java\jdk1.8.0_152\bin;C:\Oracle\Ora11\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Program File
    s (x86)\Installation Engine-IPST;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\
    System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Tools\SysTools;C:\Tools\PubTools;C:\Program
    Files (x86)\NTRK;C:\Program Files\SupportTools;C:\Program Files (x86)\Runtime\;C
    :\Program Files (x86)\Perl\site\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Perl\bin

But still I am getting same error.

Can you please let me know anything els@e which can be done to resolve this issue? 

Thank you.

• 7.  Re: Jaspersoft Installation giving error : Failed to create a keystore and a key

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 07, 2018 06:01 AM

Please update JRE_HOME  bin directory in path variables and check JRE path variables is reflected and invoke the jasper installation.

• 8.  Re: Jaspersoft Installation giving error : Failed to create a keystore and a key

Posted Jun 07, 2018 07:13 AM

When JRE_HOME was updated  as C:\Java\jre8\bin, the install.bat was giving error in tomcat step and was not proceeding further. So i have to revert JRE_HOME back to C:\Java\jre8.

• 9.  Re: Jaspersoft Installation giving error : Failed to create a keystore and a key

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 07, 2018 06:15 AM

Hi Amruta

I would request to change Java and JRE in different folder else it will conflict.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 10.  Re: Jaspersoft Installation giving error : Failed to create a keystore and a key

Posted Jun 07, 2018 07:15 AM

Hi Suman,

They are present in different folders under JAVA-- java in jdk1.8.0_152 and JRE in jre8.

• 11.  Re: Jaspersoft Installation giving error : Failed to create a keystore and a key

Posted Jun 07, 2018 06:19 AM

Hi,

Can you please recreate the keystore file and try to install Jasper again? 

Cheers

Gaurav 

• 12.  Re: Jaspersoft Installation giving error : Failed to create a keystore and a key

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 07, 2018 06:27 AM

Hi Gaurav

Keystore is required only when you need to integrate. The failure is during installation and nothing to do with keystore although in the error stack it comes up.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 13.  Re: Jaspersoft Installation giving error : Failed to create a keystore and a key

Posted Jun 07, 2018 06:48 AM

Hi Suman,

Agreed! But as the log file suggest there is a Problem in the keystore. I think it is worth a try to create the new keystore file and re-run the Jasper Installation.

Cheers

Gaurav 

• 14.  Re: Jaspersoft Installation giving error : Failed to create a keystore and a key

Posted Jun 07, 2018 07:15 AM

Have generated keystore files on application server but still error continues.

• 15.  Re: Jaspersoft Installation giving error : Failed to create a keystore and a key

Posted Jun 07, 2018 07:54 AM

Is it a fresh instillation or Upgrade?

• 16.  Re: Jaspersoft Installation giving error : Failed to create a keystore and a key

Posted Jun 07, 2018 07:57 AM

I am doing fresh installation as upgrade path is not available from our previous version to jasper 6.4.2

• 17.  Re: Jaspersoft Installation giving error : Failed to create a keystore and a key

Posted Jun 07, 2018 08:07 AM

Okay - Somehow I got the feeling that it is interfering with the old Jasper. Have you created the new DB for the new Jasper(6.4.2)? 

• 18.  Re: Jaspersoft Installation giving error : Failed to create a keystore and a key

Posted Jun 07, 2018 09:07 AM

Yes..created new user

• 19.  Re: Jaspersoft Installation giving error : Failed to create a keystore and a key

Posted Jun 11, 2018 06:37 AM

Hi Suman,

Anything else which can be tried to resolve this issue?

Thanks for your help.

• 20.  Re: Jaspersoft Installation giving error : Failed to create a keystore and a key
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 11, 2018 07:41 AM

Hi Amruta,

Please follow the below steps,

I hope you are doing the fresh installation of Jaspersoft 6.4,

I see you doing the Jaspersoft installation in  E: drive

Delete the Tomcat folder and uninstall the JAVA from the server and follow the below steps,

1.  Download the Jaspersoft Installation files from https://support.ca.com/us.html

2. Once the file is downloaded place the installer file in E: drive  create a folder named Install_media and Extract the DVD File and verify the check sum for the jaspersoft installer zip file by executing the below command,

e:<Install_Media>certutil -hashfile <ca_ppm_jaspersoft_6.4>  MD5

make sure the values are matching in the command prompt and the checksum file in the Jaspersoft

3. Create a folder in E:\Jaspersoft

4. Install Java jdk in E:\Jaspersoft\Java\jdk

5.Install JRE in E:\Jaspersoft\Java\jre

6. Set the JAVA_HOME and JRE Home  System Environment Variables

7. Copy the Apache Tomcat in the Drive E:\Jaspersoft\<Tomcat8>

8. Set the CATALINA_HOME and CATALINA_BASE system Environment Variables  by passing the Tomcat Path

9. Set the PATH variables for JAVA_HOME, JRE_HOME, CATALINA_HOME, CATALINA_BASE

10. Check the Environment Variables are set properly by doing echo Path Variables

echo %JAVA_HOME%

echo %JRE_HOME%

echo %CATALINA_HOME%

echo %CATALINA_BASE%

11. Now kick the Jaspersoft 6.4 Installation by invoking  install.bat form the command Prompt

12. Enter all the Installation Parameters correctly and follow the Steps 

13. Jaspersoft should be installed successfully.

• 21.  Re: Jaspersoft Installation giving error : Failed to create a keystore and a key

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 12, 2018 01:28 AM

HI Amruta

The steps provided by Arun is correct and that should help you to install. 

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 22.  Re: Jaspersoft Installation giving error : Failed to create a keystore and a key

Posted Jun 27, 2018 05:27 AM

The issue was something related to java. The parameter _JAVA_OPTIONS -Duser.home=H:\AppData.W7\Sun

was refering to wrong java version. We have deleted this parameter and then installation completed without any error.

Thank you.

• 23.  Re: Jaspersoft Installation giving error : Failed to create a keystore and a key

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 27, 2018 05:49 AM

Hi Amruta,

We did discuss the same thing and in my earlier response to check the java version.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 24.  Re: Jaspersoft Installation giving error : Failed to create a keystore and a key

Posted Jun 27, 2018 05:30 AM

Suman,

If we have 2 application servers which are not in cluster then do we need to run below commands on both application servers to connect with jaspersoft?

admin content csk
    admin content-jaspersoft csk -userName superuser -password superuser -retryCount 50

Thank you.

• 25.  Re: Jaspersoft Installation giving error : Failed to create a keystore and a key

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 27, 2018 05:50 AM

PPM caches are persistent across the servers so if you run in one you dont need to run across the cluster.