Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Not able to send Spool file in TXT format

Posted Jun 07, 2018 07:11 AM

Hello,

Spool file is sent to users via UC4 job in PDF format which I believe is the default format. On removing the spool configuration from SAP tab and configuring it in R3_GET_JOB_SPOOL the file is downloaded in TXT format (TXT is selected in job form) on the server where job is run. When we try and send the spool using R3_SEND_SPOOL_REQUEST the spool goes to user in PDF format whereas it should have gone in TXT format. Can someone please let me know where the issue is.

Thanks,

Shashank

• 2.  Re: Not able to send Spool file in TXT format

Posted Jul 04, 2018 06:29 AM

Hey UC4 Community,

Has anyone faced the issue which I posted above? Does anyone know how can we send spool as text file.

Surprisingly I did not get any replies on this. Ideally the Automic community replies quickly to questions.

Thanks,

Shashank

• 3.  Re: Not able to send Spool file in TXT format
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 04, 2018 07:02 AM

Hi Shashank,

R3_SEND_SPOOL_REQUEST just triggers SAP to send the spool and SAP ist not aware of your spool download via the automation engine.

So if you want to use R3_GET_JOB_SPOOL, you need to send the downloaded spool via the automation engine and not SAP.

Options for doing that:

Option 1: SEND_MAIL command

SEND_MAIL

Option 2: Notification object

Notification Object

Regards

Jan

• 4.  Re: Not able to send Spool file in TXT format

Posted Jul 05, 2018 09:06 AM

Hi Jan,

Thank you for the information. 

How can automation engine send spool since spool file will be located on SAP server (AIX in my case). How can automation engine have access to that file?

Also, is it mandatory to supply Job Count on R3_GET_JOB_SPOOL? Job count changes for every job and if we do not supply it, the job fails.

Thanks,

Shashank

• 5.  Re: Not able to send Spool file in TXT format

Posted Jul 31, 2018 06:14 AM

Hi Shashank,

in the SEND_MAIL command, you can specify an automic agent, so if your spool is being saved on an AIX Server, then you need to have an unix agent installed there

SEND_MAIL(Receiver, [Cc], Subject, Text, [Attachment],[Agent, Login Object]

Regarding the R3_GET_JOB_SPOOL, no the JOBCOUNT= parameter is not mandatory, only the FILE= parameter is, so if you want to extract the spool of the currently activated job:

R3_GET_JOB_SPOOL FILE='/tmp/spoollist.txt' is enough.

Regards

Jan