CA Service Management

• 1.  Group Manager Flag

Posted Jun 07, 2018 10:16 AM

Hi friends, can someone tell me what is use for the Group Manager Flag inside of a Members Detail in a Group?

• 2.  Re: Group Manager Flag
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 07, 2018 10:32 AM

Fabian.........

As the name implies, the Group Manager attribute indicates who is responsible for managing the group members.

This attribute can be used in different areas of CA SDM, like notifications.

• 3.  Re: Group Manager Flag

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 07, 2018 11:05 AM

Paul, can you elaborate? Out of my head I can't recall where SDM uses group manager flag except indicating the contact is the group manager. Thanks _Chi

• 4.  Re: Group Manager Flag

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 07, 2018 12:28 PM

I stand corrected - I thought that the Group Manager was an OBJECT CONTACT option on notification rules

• 5.  Re: Group Manager Flag

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 07, 2018 12:37 PM

Yes I see it now. Overlooked before.

• 6.  Re: Group Manager Flag

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 11, 2018 10:45 AM

Bassoalto 

Do you have any additional questions regarding this topic?

If not, please mark one of the provided answers as Correct so that this thread can be closed.

• 7.  Re: Group Manager Flag

Posted Jun 11, 2018 03:48 PM

I can't recall of an OOTB functionnality that relies on this flag but we use it to determine wich users are allowed to approve Change order task assigned to a group.

Basically : if manager flag is checked then edit button appear on task detail page so the user can change the status.

• 8.  Re: Group Manager Flag

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 15, 2018 08:52 AM

Bassoalto

Do you have any further questions on this topic?

If not, please mark one of the answers provided as correct so that this thread can be closed.