Service Virtualization

• 1.  ODBC Virtualization for C# Applications

Posted Jun 07, 2018 01:24 PM

Hi, 

I know this question has popped up a couple times, and most recently looked like it was over 2 years ago.  I have a client who is looking to use SV to virtualize the database connection he's currently achieving via ODBC connections in his C# application.  I explained the JDBC functionality, and that I was fairly certain that ODBC was [still] not supported.  But, being as it's been 2 years, I figured I'd ask.

Can somebody confirm for me this is still the case, and is ODBC support, at all, on the roadmap for future implementation with regard to Service Virtualization?

Thanks!

Bob

• 2.  Re: ODBC Virtualization for C# Applications
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 07, 2018 01:41 PM

Hi Bob,

I can tell you it's not supported today, but only the product team can tell you if it's on the road map.

For what it's worth, JDBC virtualization is not supported, either (although it once was).  The proper way to virtualize database access is using the Java Agent.

--Mike

• 3.  Re: ODBC Virtualization for C# Applications

Posted Jun 07, 2018 01:50 PM

Noted. When I use "JDBC Virtualization", I mean "through the Java Agent".

Also, can I assume there's no hack to integrate the java agent with a C# app?

• 4.  Re: ODBC Virtualization for C# Applications

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 07, 2018 01:56 PM

Not that I'm aware of.  However, .Net also has an API that's analogous to the Java Agent API. If CA ever enables .Net virtualization, I assume that's the route engineering will take.

--Mike