• 1.  Xtraction - How to Remove duplicate devices

Posted Jun 07, 2018 09:12 AM

Hi,

Use Xtraction in CA ITCM

Created table ca itcm report and config model data xtraction and this ok

Iventory software ITCM all aplications

Problem occours when config  Xtraction,  viewer duplicates hostnames

How remove duplicates devices here ?

Total correct is 237 - devices licenses.

Print View Records

• 2.  Re: Xtraction - How to Remove duplicate devices

Posted Jun 07, 2018 11:52 AM

Are you saying there are duplicate computers in the ITCM database, or are these duplicates coming from the "Xtraction" tool that you are using?

If these duplicates are in the ITCM database, here's a KB article that can help you identify and remove duplicates:

How to Create Dynamic Groups for Identifying Dupli - CA Knowledge 

If these duplicates are coming from the Xtraction tool, you'll need to post something in that community/support forum.

-Brian

• 3.  Re: Xtraction - How to Remove duplicate devices

Posted Jun 07, 2018 03:21 PM

Hi, Brian

I already have this routine, and it helps me a lot.
    But the problem is another

It duplicates in Xtraction because it made the Office 2013 discovery for each installed version.
    I want to know how I can handle this in Xtraction or ITCM

• 4.  Re: Xtraction - How to Remove duplicate devices

Posted Jun 07, 2018 04:12 PM

Okay, now I understand.  You are getting multiple detections for MS Office 2013, all on the same machine.  So the issue is with the heuristic inventory scanner.

On that computer you have highlighted there, goto:

C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\DSM\Agent\units\00000001\uam\BAK\amapp.dat

Open amapp.dat in a text editor.

This file stores the results of the heuristic scanner, and also tells you where it picked up the detection from.

Does the amapp.dat reflect the same you are seeing in DSM Explorer?  For example, are you seeing the same multiple detections?

Either the heuristic inventory is out of sync, or the amapp.dat will tell you where/why it's detecting multiples for MS Office.  Let us know what you find.

P.S. I will be unable to followup, as I will be out of the office until 26-June.  So someone else will need to followup your findings!

-Brian

• 5.  Re: Xtraction - How to Remove duplicate devices

Posted Jun 07, 2018 04:26 PM

OK Brian 

thks...

print amapp

• 6.  Re: Xtraction - How to Remove duplicate devices
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 07, 2018 04:33 PM

What "methods" have you enabled, when you turned on the heuristic scanner?  It looks like you are scanning for shortcuts, which would explain the duplicates...

• 7.  Re: Xtraction - How to Remove duplicate devices

Posted Jun 07, 2018 05:20 PM

Ok...

I unseated the Shostscuts

• 8.  Re: Xtraction - How to Remove duplicate devices

Posted Jun 07, 2018 05:50 PM

Excellent.  After making that change, the Collect Task needs to be run for the SS that the agent reports to.  The Engine/Collect task is responsible for synchronizing the configuration change to each SS.

How it works is that the AM agent, when triggered, will start up and connect to the SS to retrieve the configuration of all the inventory scanners.  In this case, the heuristic discovery you have configured.

Now, software discovery tasks usually have a scheduling restriction to once per day.  So for today, if you would like to validate the result, you'll need to manually run the AM agent plugin on the agent, to see if the results clear up.

Option 1: Using DSM Explorer.  Right click on the agent and do an asset job check.  Choose the option for rescanning the software inventory.

Option 2: If you have access to the agent or command line of the agent, run: "caf start amagent args -rescan_software -collect"

Once the Agent has re-run the software scanner, it will upload the result to the SS.

Then lastly, you need to ensure the Collect Task is run for the agent's scalability server, to collect the results.

Then let us know if the software inventory looks better...

• 9.  Re: Xtraction - How to Remove duplicate devices

Posted Jun 08, 2018 03:02 PM

Hello, Brian.
    Problem not solved, but it helped a lot.
    this occurs in other applications.