CA Service Management

• 1.  Service Catalog Dashboards

Posted Jun 07, 2018 09:35 AM

Hello.

relatively new with Service Catalog and would like to solicit anyone's assistance, specifically on how to go about creating dashboards where the user can (interactively) see list (and click on the link if possible) that would contain the following information:  List of all Requests/Tasks that is assigned to the group where the user is a member of and would also include (on top of the basic information - e.g., number, status, SDM ticket number etc)  information such as : if the request/task is delegated, if so, to whom it was delegated to.

Thank you very much in advance.

br

ken

• 2.  Re: Service Catalog Dashboards

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 07, 2018 11:05 AM

Hi,

I've updated the "Categories" on the question to mention that it's CA Service Catalog, so that should get you some additional visibility on the question. But to point you in the right direction, you'll want to look at creating a Report in Administration > Report Builder with the information you're after; once that's performed you'll be able to set up the report to be viewed under Home > Dashboards.

You'll find the docs on Dashboard creation here:

Manage Dashboards - CA Service Management - 17.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

And the Catalog reporting documenation is here:

Reporting Using CA Service Catalog - CA Service Management - 17.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Does anyone on the board have some good example report queries that may help Ken?

Iain

• 3.  Re: Service Catalog Dashboards

Posted Jun 07, 2018 11:14 AM

Thank you Ian...

the initial query I am looking to display would be something like this. (I am still trying to rap my head around what the Service Catalog Tables are as I can't seem to find any documentation regarding the tables/fields).  the query below basically list all requests and the associated SDM ticket (if it exist) and to whom it was delegated to (if exist), status and other information... It would be perfect if I could just display this list based on a user (meaning, list only those requests that is/are assigned to a user/group that he/she belongs to)... then, a bonus would be if we can have hyperlinks to the requets/sdm request fields to re-direct them to the actual requests in SC and SDM

select u.request_id, a.ref_num As SDM_Ticket, b.user_id As DelegatedTo, u.name,
    CASE
    WHEN u.status = '2' THEN 'Completed'
    WHEN u.status = '4' THEN 'Cancelled'
    WHEN u.status = '200' THEN 'Submitted'
    WHEN u.status = '400' THEN 'Pending Approval'
    WHEN u.status = '502' THEN 'Pending Allocation'
    WHEN u.status = '800' THEN 'Approved'
    WHEN u.status = '1000' THEN 'Pending Fullfillment'
    WHEN u.status = '1100' THEN 'Processing Request'
    ELSE 'Status Unknown'
    END AS Status,
    u.created_date, u.completion_date, u.modified_date,
    c.first_name+' '+c.last_name as RequestedFor,
    d.first_name+' '+d.last_name as RequestedBy
    from usm_request u
    LEFT JOIN usm_link_ticket_request_item a on a.request_id = u.request_id
    LEFT JOIN usm_request_pending_action b on b.request_id = u.request_id and b.status=5
    LEFT JOIN ca_contact c on c.userid = u.req_for_user_id
    LEFT JOIN ca_contact d on d.userid = u.req_by_user_id
    where u.status <> 0
    order by u.status

Thanks again.

br

ken

• 4.  Re: Service Catalog Dashboards

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 07, 2018 11:39 AM

That would allow you to build a report, but for interactive options I suspect the simplest is going to be to start with the Pending My Actions view - that's an out-of-the-box Dashboard Library item under

Library > CA Components - Template > Service Catalog > Open Requests

Iain

• 5.  Re: Service Catalog Dashboards

Posted Jun 07, 2018 01:11 PM

thanks Lain,

was able to create the query and data view (screenshot attached).. but was wondering if anyone out there can assist in terms of updating the query such that is would only display results assigned to the login user and at the same time, create hyperlinks to both the request_is and SDM_Ticket fields...

thanks.

br

Ken

• 6.  Re: Service Catalog Dashboards

Posted Jun 07, 2018 01:42 PM

Figured out how to add the hyperlink in the report/data view   whats left is the list of reports only specific for the login user

• 7.  Re: Service Catalog Dashboards
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 08, 2018 04:03 AM

That's great to know. The contextual variable for the current user in a data view is %USER_ID% - there's a full list here:

Manage Data Objects - CA Service Management - 17.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

That should let you query on the relevant user.

regards

Iain

• 8.  Re: Service Catalog Dashboards

Posted Jun 08, 2018 08:42 AM

Thanks.. Very helpful... manage to make it work now.....